Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 07:33 PM

9,122 posts, read 14,660,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
Alarming rate? I think that's overstating it. Once again, the R40 and R80 zoning doesn't allow for high density housing. So even though they're building, it's not high density. And the new subdivision that's going in between six forks and peed rd is like a $700k+ community. That's not exactly going to fill in super fast.
Usually, when people find a nice house, it's great. When the next person or next dozen find one, it's alarming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 10:01 PM
rfb

2,592 posts, read 6,322,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
Alarming rate? I think that's overstating it. Once again, the R40 and R80 zoning doesn't allow for high density housing. So even though they're building, it's not high density. And the new subdivision that's going in between six forks and peed rd is like a $700k+ community. That's not exactly going to fill in super fast.
I dunno, neighborhoods in this part of the Triangle do rather well despite many being well north of $600K. The further east the development is the less attractive it becomes due to increased commute times, though.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:07 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,533,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
I dunno, neighborhoods in this part of the Triangle do rather well despite many being well north of $600K. The further east the development is the less attractive it becomes due to increased commute times, though.
I'm sure they'll do fine, but estate neighborhoods like this just aren't THAT big and aren't going to really result in significant increase in traffic or anything. Even if they sell 100 houses in there (which I'm not even sure they got enough land for, because that would require 100 acres), that's a drop in the bucket.

My entire point is that Wake County is purposely controlling the density in that area by zoning it R40 (which is a 1 acre minimum) and even R80 (which is 2 acre minimum).

Old 08-28-2016, 08:26 PM

3,655 posts, read 3,897,785 times
US401 widening from Rolesville Bypass to Royal (crossroad community) which is seven miles south of Louisburg has commenced full-steam ahead.

The last section from Royal to Louisburg is probably ten years away.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:55 AM

4,230 posts, read 4,652,155 times
I believe earlier versions of the Creedmoor Road plan were to widen only as far north as Norwood in the short run. Extending the project all the way north to 98 might mean that it takes longer to widen the 540-Norwood portion. NCDOT giveth and NCDOT taketh away.

My understanding is that the north arc of 540 between 401 and 40 in RTP will get tolls when it's widened. I assume it will remain I-540.

Old 09-02-2016, 05:42 PM

7,176 posts, read 6,721,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard-xyzzy View Post
My understanding is that the north arc of 540 between 401 and 40 in RTP will get tolls when it's widened. I assume it will remain I-540.
That's correct. It will remain I-540 since only new lanes can be tolled. The lanes that are currently free are required to remain free. The toll lane project on I-77 in Charlotte is the most recent example.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:48 PM

9,122 posts, read 14,660,572 times
I wouldn't hang my hat on that. Im pretty sure they can toll the whole road as long as they add capacity going by other recent rulings. And that would be better than the ridiculous deal on 77.

Old 09-03-2016, 07:08 AM

7,176 posts, read 6,721,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I wouldn't hang my hat on that. Im pretty sure they can toll the whole road as long as they add capacity going by other recent rulings. And that would be better than the ridiculous deal on 77.
That's new. I haven't heard about the rulings. I knew that NC got approval for the federal toll pilot program, along with Virginia and Missouri, but it only applied to I-95. I remember when eastern NC found out about it, they drew torches and pitchforks. The idea was dropped like a hot potato. It fizzled out in Virginia also.

I agree that Charlotte really got screwed over on I-77. The money that NCDOT wasted on I-73/I-74 should've been used to widen I-77, among other important projects in the state. I-73/I-74 is the biggest waste I've seen since other states have no intention of building their sections but I digress...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary