Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 09:20 AM

13 posts, read 16,109 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the rec Thr3stripe! We did not make it out there, but I looked online, and wow! And thank you for the welcome NRaleigh Mom.

For the last few days of our NC adventure we left town and headed out to the coast (Kure Beach). We are now back in California and reflecting on our trip. Our time at the beach was amazing - such a special place. I am excited to visit the OBX at some point, because I have heard people say that it is even more incredible out that way (and I was all ready super-impressed with Kure Beach). I am kind of convinced a smaller house in town with a place out at the beach is the way to go now - I'm sure people have lots of strong opinions on whether that is a wise move or not. And of course we actually have to decide if we are relocating to NC or not first.

One thing some close friends mentioned that I have been thinking about a lot lately is that our children may "suffer" if we end up in the type of house/community I referenced in my first post. Obviously it is a dramatic way to phrase the issue, but their thinking was that our girls would not have easy access to neighborhood kids, it would be harder to make friends, etc. I can see how growing up in a community like, say, Briar Chapel would be magic for kids, and those houses look lovely (especially for the price), but it also seems like a lot to give up (no resort style backyard!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 10:56 AM

190 posts, read 199,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
One third of the US population lives within 50 miles of nuclear power plant. In the eastern half of the country its actually pretty hard to avoid.
True statement according to:

Do You Live Within 50 Miles of a Nuclear Power Plant? | Science | Smithsonian

Just in case people ask for where is that coming from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary