Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 09:35 AM

19,368 posts, read 27,593,685 times

Advertisements

Yesterday, some dumbA$$ decided to cross 4 lanes to get into the mall and couldn't see that we were in the last lane coming up to the light. Yes, we called the cops and got a police report and photos. This will be her fault, but regardless, I need estimates.

USAA is recommending several collision places, the closest to our home being Gerber. Anybody have positive things to say about them or suggestions of some other shop near Brier Creek?

We're not talking big damage here - probably just a new bumper. Airbags, thankfully, did not explode because we were going so slowly (there was a line of traffic in both lanes). But the car only has about 13,000 miles on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 09:17 PM

6,647 posts, read 5,539,160 times
Not sure if there's one near you but I used Caliber Collision when I had a serious accident in the spring and had a good experience.

Old 09-05-2016, 10:34 AM

12,798 posts, read 16,221,403 times
Awww, that sucks. I don't know body shop places in Raleigh, but just wanted to say sorry you're having to go deal with it. BTDT, it stinks. Hope they can get you back in your wheels soon.

Old 09-05-2016, 11:05 AM

450 posts, read 1,344,506 times
Recently had a good experience with Gerber in Garner - not sure how much variation there is between locations. . .

Old 09-06-2016, 04:32 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,472,916 times
Foster's on Capital Blvd is great.

Old 09-06-2016, 07:52 AM

3,644 posts, read 8,551,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Yesterday, some dumbA$$ decided to cross 4 lanes to get into the mall and couldn't see that we were in the last lane coming up to the light. Yes, we called the cops and got a police report and photos. This will be her fault, but regardless, I need estimates.

USAA is recommending several collision places, the closest to our home being Gerber. Anybody have positive things to say about them or suggestions of some other shop near Brier Creek?

We're not talking big damage here - probably just a new bumper. Airbags, thankfully, did not explode because we were going so slowly (there was a line of traffic in both lanes). But the car only has about 13,000 miles on it.
Well, just to play devil's advocate since you state the other driver was a dummy and I'd agree it was a stupid move but why did you hit them? Maybe you were just a bit of a dummy also for blazing past a line of stopped cars and then smashing into the other car? Just wanted to throw that out there because since police do not determine fault the insurance companies might agree that both drivers are at fault which will cause your insurance to go up. Might be cheaper for you to pay for the repair yourself. Just sayin'.

And just a fyi, an insurance company will give recommendations because it saves them money but, by law, you are free to use the shop of your choice. Also, the insurance company will also recommend aftermarket parts but can't require you to use them. Be sure to tell the body shop you only want OEM parts installed, no aftermarket especially since your car is so new.

As far as recommendations from me, stay away from Gerber. Foster's is good. Also, Thompson Cadillac has a great body shop and yes they work on everything, not just GM vehicles. If you want your car to be repaired like the collision never happened I'd take it to Thompson Cadillac on Wake Forest rd.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:18 AM

19,368 posts, read 27,593,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
Well, just to play devil's advocate since you state the other driver was a dummy and I'd agree it was a stupid move but why did you hit them? Maybe you were just a bit of a dummy also for blazing past a line of stopped cars and then smashing into the other car? Just wanted to throw that out there because since police do not determine fault the insurance companies might agree that both drivers are at fault which will cause your insurance to go up. Might be cheaper for you to pay for the repair yourself. Just sayin'.

And just a fyi, an insurance company will give recommendations because it saves them money but, by law, you are free to use the shop of your choice. Also, the insurance company will also recommend aftermarket parts but can't require you to use them. Be sure to tell the body shop you only want OEM parts installed, no aftermarket especially since your car is so new.

As far as recommendations from me, stay away from Gerber. Foster's is good. Also, Thompson Cadillac has a great body shop and yes they work on everything, not just GM vehicles. If you want your car to be repaired like the collision never happened I'd take it to Thompson Cadillac on Wake Forest rd.
We were going less than 10 mph waiting in a LONG line for a light. Somebody in the lane to our left let this lady in so she could get into the mall, or she saw a gap in traffic in that lane and decided to take advantage of it. Either way, she blazed through the two lanes of traffic without even looking at our lane. Like she went through a stop sign - there's no question of who is at fault here. She turned IN FRONTof our car. And apologized profusely at the scene. Small impact.

Thank you for your recommendations.

Old 09-07-2016, 03:43 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,472,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
We were going less than 10 mph waiting in a LONG line for a light. Somebody in the lane to our left let this lady in so she could get into the mall, or she saw a gap in traffic in that lane and decided to take advantage of it. Either way, she blazed through the two lanes of traffic without even looking at our lane. Like she went through a stop sign - there's no question of who is at fault here. She turned IN FRONTof our car. And apologized profusely at the scene. Small impact.

Thank you for your recommendations.
It's a shame when someone lets an idiot in to do a foolish move. I stopped that long ago.

If you cannot see all lanes, you have no business cutting through.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:20 AM

523 posts, read 1,321,867 times
There is some variation among Gerber locations, but I can't comment on the location near the airport. I had a great experience with the Gerber in Cary when I needed to have a bumper replaced a couple of years ago. My wife took her car to the location in Durham for a repair last year, and while it wasn't terrible, the staff there weren't as pleasant and the repair wasn't finished when it was promised. Both locations dealt with our insurance company (State Farm) seamlessly, though.

We also had good experiences with Foster's on Capital Blvd. That was over a decade ago, though, FWIW.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:57 AM

3,225 posts, read 3,511,521 times
Triangle Collision (Morrisville) repaired the bumper on my Cmax last year when I was rear ended. They did a great job (no issues with the repair as part of the lease return. I went to about 3 different places and the prices were the same for the similar services. One place wanted to just refinish and repaint the old bumper, whereas the other 2 (including Triangle and Caliber) wanted to replace the bumper. Who would have thought a bumper would cost so much - but, I wasnt paying so it didnt matter to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary