Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 11:06 AM

11,202 posts, read 8,246,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Yep, looks like I just had it in a bad location. I hAve it apparently in a good spot right now so as long as I don't move the thing even a freakin millimeter it's all good. Coming in nice and HD...just watched The Big Bang theory. I panicked for a few mins when it wasn't working I guess :P

Well this threads pretty much useless now since Ima just stay home and drink whiskey
I cut the cord long ago, and don't regret it for a second, but I do have this real life (and scientific) warning.

If you don't move your antenna, even "one freakin' millimeter", you'll be fine for the entire game, except for when it's Q4 with 0:16 left in the game, Panthers are down by five and they have a 4th and 18 with no time-outs, ball on their own 48.

(Don't worry, the only part you'll miss is after the play starts. You'll "think" they are in the process of sacking Cam Newton, but he'll inexplicably escape, dodge two more tacklers, scramble and rush the full distance with no time left. The fumble that's ruled on the field will be overturned, giving the Panthers the win.)

So really, no big deal, that's all you'll miss on those 20 seconds that your reception goes out.

^^EDIT: It never fails, it only goes out when something awesome is happening. Much more stressful than Greg Fischel breaking in on similar circumstances to tell you about an errant wind-gust in Spivey's Corner....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 01:13 PM

1,714 posts, read 2,760,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I cut the cord long ago, and don't regret it for a second, but I do have this real life (and scientific) warning.

If you don't move your antenna, even "one freakin' millimeter", you'll be fine for the entire game, except for when it's Q4 with 0:16 left in the game, Panthers are down by five and they have a 4th and 18 with no time-outs, ball on their own 48.

(Don't worry, the only part you'll miss is after the play starts. You'll "think" they are in the process of sacking Cam Newton, but he'll inexplicably escape, dodge two more tacklers, scramble and rush the full distance with no time left. The fumble that's ruled on the field will be overturned, giving the Panthers the win.)

So really, no big deal, that's all you'll miss on those 20 seconds that your reception goes out.

^^EDIT: It never fails, it only goes out when something awesome is happening. Much more stressful than Greg Fischel breaking in on similar circumstances to tell you about an errant wind-gust in Spivey's Corner....
Well in the real world in Q4 with 0:16 left in tonight's game it will be 42-0 Broncos and Panther fans will have turned the TV off long ago .....

Old 09-09-2016, 08:07 AM

3,631 posts, read 4,464,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post

Ha! You almost called it, except las Nighy was worse! Down by 1 with 0:09 on the clock about to kick the game winning field goal, I'm amazed it didn't go out! And Gano missed! did you watch the game?

Old 09-09-2016, 10:07 AM

3,231 posts, read 3,518,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Ha! You almost called it, except las Nighy was worse! Down by 1 with 0:09 on the clock about to kick the game winning field goal, I'm amazed it didn't go out! And Gano missed! did you watch the game?
Well, he did make the first one (it just didnt count).

It's amazing how much perceived impact the mile high air has on the ball's ability to fly. The one he hooked left looked like it would have been good from 65 and the punter had a 76 yard punt earlier in the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary