U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 01:15 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 9,855,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Well, now....

Prospects win the Prospects' Tournament.
Canes win first two preseason games.

Looking forward to Friday night and TBL dropping in.
Hopefully ya'll can get into the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 01:28 PM

31,605 posts, read 55,320,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Hopefully ya'll can get into the playoffs.
General Fan Expectations have moved beyond "hopefully."

Old 09-29-2016, 01:47 PM
PDF

Quote:
General Fan Expectations have moved beyond "hopefully."

Have they? Or just yours?

Old 09-29-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Have they? Or just yours?
90% renewal of Season Tix, and good presales.
I think you will see that it is a widespread expectation to get into the playoffs.

Mgmt. made several good moves over the off-season, and we have a great development pipeline.
I believe we will go to the playoffs. Many others harbor expectations.

Old 09-29-2016, 02:22 PM
PDF

Quote:
90% renewal of Season Tix, and good presales.
I think you will see that it is a widespread expectation to get into the playoffs.

Mgmt. made several good moves over the off-season, and we have a great development pipeline.
I believe we will go to the playoffs. Many others harbor expectations.
I will be at very few hockey games this year, however I am going to opening night in LA. But I wish the Canes the best, it would certainly be a step in the right direction to at least make the playoffs. That's great that most people are renewing their tickets.

Old 10-29-2016, 05:26 AM

Default Ain't Nuthin like Good Home Cookin'!

Great Home Opener, particularly beating the NY Rangers.

And, from the Canes game wrapup.....

"Here's an interesting statistic. Coming into tonight's game, the Hurricanes had posted a 3-0-0-2 (W-L-OTL-T) record in home openers in seasons in which they made the playoffs. Conversely, the team had posted a 0-10-3-0 record in seasons in which they did not make the playoffs.
Tonight's victory was the team's first home opener win since 2008-09, so what's next?

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/...rs/c-283206942

Old 10-29-2016, 01:03 PM
PDF

Quote:
Great Home Opener, particularly beating the NY Rangers.

And, from the Canes game wrapup.....

"Here's an interesting statistic. Coming into tonight's game, the Hurricanes had posted a 3-0-0-2 (W-L-OTL-T) record in home openers in seasons in which they made the playoffs. Conversely, the team had posted a 0-10-3-0 record in seasons in which they did not make the playoffs.
Tonight's victory was the team's first home opener win since 2008-09, so what's next?

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/...rs/c-283206942
We're going to the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man Mike, after going to 30 Canes games last season, I'll probably only make it a total of 5 NHL games this year. I was in LA for opening night, and that's it so far.

I'm surprised the Canes played so many games before their home opener.

Old 10-29-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
We're going to the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man Mike, after going to 30 Canes games last season, I'll probably only make it a total of 5 NHL games this year. I was in LA for opening night, and that's it so far.

I'm surprised the Canes played so many games before their home opener.
The NC State Fair draws over 1000000 attendance, plus vendors , news, and other support traffic.
It already overwhelms the area facilities.
So, the Canes open on the road for 5 or 6 games every year.

Old 10-29-2016, 02:12 PM
PDF

Quote:
The NC State Fair draws over 1000000 attendance, plus vendors , news, and other support traffic.
It already overwhelms the area facilities.
So, the Canes open on the road for 5 or 6 games every year.
Oh, right. Forgot about that.

Old 10-30-2016, 09:21 AM

6,941 posts, read 7,955,889 times
Didn't see this thread

I'd feel a lot better had they won those first two games instead of blowing two 3 goal leads But winning the first home game of the year since 2008 sort of makes up for it. Now they really need to have a couple of nice winning streaks here. If they can achieve around 40 standings points before the end of 2016, I think they should be in the hunt.

Loving Jeff Skinners play so far. Victor Rask is also quietly becoming a very good player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I wonder if the Hurricanes will do any promotions such as exhibition games and preseason practices in Charlotte and promotion of the team in both North Carolina and South Carolina.
They've had 1 preseason game in Charlotte, yet have been the "home" team for numerous games in cities like Quebec and Halifax. I'm not sure what makes them think that is going to win potential fans in places like Charlotte and Greensboro.

Even being the "road" team in Greenville or Charleston, SC would perhaps draw a slight interest in the palmetto state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or