U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 04:55 PM

9 posts, read 4,918 times

Advertisements

Did i miss something... you said your just going to move in without a lease or other notification to the owners.... That's called burglary and squatting... both of which can get you hurt around here ... both illegal and dangerous...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2016, 06:58 PM

514 posts, read 409,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You know, I have a friend who lives in Bedford/Falls River (has owned 3 houses there) and she did live in a house in Falls River at one point that had NO other house like it, from a house plus lot perspective. They even had a little footbridge across the tiny stream that meandered through her yard and they had a huge front porch.

They moved further in, into Bedford, for the schools. I wonder if this is a schools thing for the OP?
I know not but, presumably, the listings were just as readily available to the OP as the rest of us, so I have to guess OP is looking for something rather particular, possibly unique the address in question.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:16 PM

14,179 posts, read 17,238,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamwmcknight View Post
I know not but, presumably, the listings were just as readily available to the OP as the rest of us, so I have to guess OP is looking for something rather particular, possibly unique the address in question.
Perhaps he's thinking he might get it for 6% under market if no realtors are involved. Hmmmm.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:56 PM

514 posts, read 409,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Perhaps he's thinking he might get it for 6% under market if no realtors are involved. Hmmmm.
Anything is possible but I don't know why someone who was not looking to move would agree to do so for less than market value. That somewhat defies logic.

Old 09-14-2016, 10:35 PM

181 posts, read 126,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I just sent a letter yesterday.

We'll see how that works out, but at least their is a rumor a sale could be possible. So it is not a total cold call.
not sure I understand this post per this thread, what am I missing folks?

Old 09-15-2016, 04:06 AM

31,322 posts, read 54,802,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastdash View Post
not sure I understand this post per this thread, what am I missing folks?
I sent a letter to a homeowner, whose home is not on the market, inquiring about him possibly selling to me.

(I also misused "their" which should have been "there," but it is too late to edit. My bad.)

Old 09-15-2016, 08:16 AM

1,141 posts, read 2,252,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac987 View Post
Hello! I apologize if I sound dumb, or if this question has been asked before.
Is it possible to somehow move into a house that has owners? Like make a deal with them or something? Thanks!
Make me an offer I can't refuse!

Old 09-15-2016, 08:18 AM

32,246 posts, read 26,442,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ohzrd View Post
Make me an offer I can't refuse!
Do you live in Bedford? Maybe it's your house the OP wants?

I was thinking you lived in West Cary.

Old 09-28-2016, 05:56 PM

19 posts, read 14,644 times
No, I mean buying a house from the owners, by making an offer that's double what the home is worth.

Old 09-28-2016, 05:57 PM
rfb

1,838 posts, read 4,974,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac987 View Post
No, I mean buying a house from the owners, by making an offer that's double what the home is worth.
I'm willing to sell you my house for double what it is worth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or