Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2016, 05:08 AM

1 posts, read 555 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

My husband and I (and baby girl coming this November!) are moving to Cary in a few short weeks! I am a teacher and am thinking that I may want to find a job in a daycare rather than a grade school at least for a couple years...while she is still really young. I know that some day cares where I moved from offered partial or full tuition assistance to employees. Since typically daycares pay lower than public grade schools, this would be the ideal situation so that I can still pocket some of the money I am making after paying! ;-)

Does anyone know any daycares in the area (would prefer to stay in Cary but would drive to the surrounding areas) that has a benefit like this? I am not as concerned with paid leave and/or health insurance...of course those would be great..but right now my primary focus is finding a job in a daycare where I could hopefully get a significant tuition discount. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you all so much! for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 07:45 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,569,031 times
Check out Little Pros Academy. We used them and I know they offer continuing education and some sort of assistance to their staff. They're 5 star and amazing! Locations throughout the triangle, we used one in Raleigh but I know there are some out that way too.

Old 09-13-2016, 03:26 PM

528 posts, read 930,874 times
Hi - congrats on your pregnancy! IDK what their benefits are like but I'd suggest taking a look at the Primrose Schools. Our son attended from 3 months old to age 5 and we were amazed at how many of the staff were there the whole time. The low turnover seems like a good sign. Also, several teachers had their kids in class there so I'm assuming they offer some type of discount. As for the quality of the care and learning, I would highly recommend.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary