Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Yeah, unless the people behind Park Side were downright desperate for "big" retail anchors in order to get off the ground. Which also might explain that gaping big hole that still exists between the theater and F&S.

This shopping center had/has so much potential. There's just so much negative. A big one being that O'Kelley to Little Drive mis-connection.
Is that O'Kelley/Little Drive extension going to ever open up? That would really change the dynamics of that plaza.

I live across the street from PTC and bummed to see Field & Stream go. I am guessing the merger of Dicks and F&S had not completed before the construction there? My initial thought was that when Dick's took over they did an assessment of all their properties and pulled the plug in Cary. Still a shame.

I work near the Bass on Harrison and stop in there a few times a month. It's as busy on a weekday as you would find F&S on a weekend. Still sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 02:07 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,126,103 times
Soo... is the Bass Pro Shop actually moving? Or are they just opening another store that's larger?

Old 09-22-2016, 02:27 PM

1,714 posts, read 2,760,366 times
if BPS opens in N Raleigh my budget is in serious trouble. I have gone in for a lure and come out with a boat too many times .....

Old 09-22-2016, 02:31 PM

4,297 posts, read 5,957,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Soo... is the Bass Pro Shop actually moving? Or are they just opening another store that's larger?
I don't think there's any place in the country with two Bass Pro locations just 20 miles apart...it would have to be a move.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:37 PM

4,297 posts, read 5,957,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToDareIsToDo View Post
Is that O'Kelley/Little Drive extension going to ever open up? That would really change the dynamics of that plaza.
My understanding is that the O'Kelly Chapel crossing can not open until the grade separation at Carpenter Fire Station is done, which is currently projected for 2019.

Development of some of the Parkside parcels has been predicated on the O'Kelly Chapel crossing being opened, but the town just said it's willing to adjust the agreement because of the extended timeline for the CFS separation that isn't under Parkside's control.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:07 PM

3,381 posts, read 7,740,965 times
Can't believe the CFS stuff is still that far out. They were talking about that when I bought around the corner in 2005.

Old 09-22-2016, 04:04 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,153,479 times
F&S is Dick's chain of outdoors stores. Dicks has sold the F&S brand for years as their house brand. Field and Stream was just a venture into the outfitters business to see if they could compete with Gander, BPS, etc. There was never a merger that I'm aware of. Dicks started F&S.

Old 09-24-2016, 03:13 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,393,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
The issue is that a lot of people that live in South Durham don't even know Parkside is there. My mother lives 10 mins away and didn't know about it until 1 month ago.

Cinebowl is busy. Hickory Tavern is busy. The teet/Madios/Target are pretty busy.

That whole area is quickly building up. Might be tough for tenants now but it will be a prime location in 2-3 years IMO.
Agreed.

Old 09-24-2016, 03:24 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,393,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Is it a full moon?
:!!!!

Old 09-24-2016, 09:36 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,126,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
I don't think there's any place in the country with two Bass Pro locations just 20 miles apart...it would have to be a move.
Interesting. I know nothing of this type of thing, for I am really not their target demographic. I'm more of an REI shopper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary