Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 06:43 PM

297 posts, read 739,013 times

Advertisements

I'm always sorry to see a business close in our area, but I have a suggestion for the space vacated by F&S and, possibly in the future, Golf Galaxy -- Dick's! The closest ones still seem too far sometimes - Beaver Creek, SW Durham, Brier Creek, Crossroads. With youth sports, Dick's seems like a far better bet than F&S and Golf Galaxy.

Parkside Commons is a strange bird. I would love to see even more food choices. I was also disappointed that the Target was not a SuperTarget. That would have offered a great alternative grocery source than all the HTs in the area. The Whole Foods shopping center is looking great from the highway (it has nice touches with the awnings and arches), but I can already tell you I won't be going there often because of the prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 06:56 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,935,800 times
I think an outback would do well there.

Old 09-18-2016, 07:01 PM

297 posts, read 739,013 times
Certainly there are plenty of chain restaurants that could come in, but I'd also like to see a locally owned/based Indian restaurant and Chinese/Asian restaurant, perhaps specializing in dumplings. Making myself hungry thinking about it...

Old 09-19-2016, 08:07 AM

115 posts, read 135,021 times
Not suprised to hear it's closing, it was always empty and there are better options in the area.

Bummed that it will take longer to get to Bass Pro Shops now, but VERY happy they are moving to a larger location. The BPS here was always a bit disappointing, after shopping at one of their full size stores when we lived in another state.

Parkside needs to get some better stores, but it's going to be a challenge until they build up that corridor a bit more and clean up that stretch of 55. It's awful looking up there.

The new restaurant, Chuys Tex Mex, is fantastic! I love Tex Mex so this made me very happy to see open up. It's been busy ever since it opened, and hopefully that and the new Guitar Center will bring some traffic into the shopping center.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:03 AM

9,131 posts, read 14,699,556 times
I wouldn't be ready to accept a post here as gospel confirming any store is moving just yet, regarding Bass Pro.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:11 AM

11,202 posts, read 8,246,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigKahunaNC View Post
It was actually a bad location, in a small shopping center.

They want a better stand alone location I guess, and actually listened to their customers who hated the Harrison Ave location. People drive from miles away to shop at BPS, and the Harrison Ave location wasn't appealing. Maybe they got a great deal on some land close to Triangle Town Center? I don't know, I don't work for Bass Pro corporate. But your argument FOR the Harrison Ave location isn't the popular opinion from the regular shoppers there. 540 is much more appealing, and a LOT more convenient for the Kerr, Gaston, Falls Lake crowds. The Harrison Ave location went against everything BPS has ever done when it comes to their stores.

Again, I don't have all the answers. But I'll never agree that the Cary location was good for any reason. Just like the Cary/Morrisville Gander Mountain store. It will close eventually. That store is bleeding money, and is in a terrible location, as was Field & Stream.
I think that the general location (geographically) was good, but that shopping center was not.

It is small, not visible to a major highway, a bit difficult to access and not in the typical surroundings of a BPS. I hate it for the other tenants, who SURELY benefited from their proximity, but it was a bad fit IMO, and I think they'll do better in N. Raleigh, near 540.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:40 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,122,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I wouldn't be ready to accept a post here as gospel confirming any store is moving just yet, regarding Bass Pro.
Bass Pro seems super busy all the time in the Cary location. I could totally see it if someone said Gander Mountain was moving. It's like crickets in there all the time.

Old 09-19-2016, 11:03 AM

4,297 posts, read 5,957,312 times
Bass Pro is busy compared to Gander Mountain or Field & Stream. Not that busy compared to a normal Bass Pro, even accounting for the smaller location.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:10 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,122,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
Bass Pro is busy compared to Gander Mountain or Field & Stream. Not that busy compared to a normal Bass Pro, even accounting for the smaller location.
Yeah... I reckon it was based on my experiences with those other stores, where tumbleweeds blow through.

I wish we'd get something really good in the Bass Pro location... like a World Market. I think that would work really well in that location.

Old 09-19-2016, 12:37 PM

4,297 posts, read 5,957,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I wish we'd get something really good in the Bass Pro location... like a World Market. I think that would work really well in that location.
Can we have Sam's Club back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary