Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2016, 10:54 PM

112 posts, read 147,974 times

Advertisements

Hi all. This is my first post in this forum as I live in Las Vegas but I've found people are generally pretty helpful on city-data so I thought I'd take a shot.

My sister-in-law, brother-in-law and their three kids (13 year old boy and twin 11 year old girls) just relocated to your area from the Palm Springs, CA area. He's working at Duke Medical Center and the family is living in Creedmoor.

Back in California they went to a contemporary, rock-and-roll type, non-denominational church. So far, they're having a bit of trouble finding something that has the same type of feel.

JPL HOME

Since moving to NC they've been to a megachurch with 5000 in attendance and they got seated in an auxiliary room where they watched the whole service on a screen. It felt too impersonal to them. The same with another church where there were 2500 in attendance.

Is there anything within about a half hour more of less from Creedmoor that is contemporary, non-denominational and has a somewhat more intimate feel? Like a few hundred at any service, for example? They were quite close to the pastor and many of the parishioners of their old church and I know they would love that again. I am sure they would be willing to drive further for the right place. Church is very important to them.

Should also mention that they are a mixed family of white and Hispanic so obviously it is important that they would feel welcomed.

Thank you in advance for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 05:57 AM

6,650 posts, read 5,553,233 times
I go to Vintage Church in Raleigh and we have a location at Sanderson High School in North Raleigh where the main pastor preaches at for a 10:30 service (not video). Midtown Location | Vintage Church | Raleigh North Carolina

I go to the downtown Raleigh location and it definitely is contemporary but it doesn't feel like a megachurch at all. It's definitely the perfect fit for what they're looking for!

If you have any questions, let me know!

Old 09-19-2016, 07:52 AM

Thank you for the suggestion. It looks like this is about 35 minutes from their home so it is definitely doable. I think they will feel a lot more settled in if they can find a church with the same sense of community. Do they do much for the kids? Their church always did a trunk or treat and Fall fair event and it's getting to be about that time of year.

Old 09-19-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyCCM View Post
Thank you for the suggestion. It looks like this is about 35 minutes from their home so it is definitely doable. I think they will feel a lot more settled in if they can find a church with the same sense of community. Do they do much for the kids? Their church always did a trunk or treat and Fall fair event and it's getting to be about that time of year.

I'm not familiar with the kids & families ministries since I am single and don't have any children but the church is made up of many families with children so events are family oriented and there is a great kids ministry on Sundays during services. They do have church events but there's an emphasis on keeping things simple, so they aren't in abundance - the church is driven around community groups where people meet once a week in a small group setting to fellowship and study the sermon topic more in depth. I don't think they hold a fall event but they do put on a easter egg hunt in the spring as a community outreach event and then this summer they had a church wide party.

Kids & Families | Vintage Church | Raleigh | Durham NC

Church events calendar (look for the Vintage Midtown events): https://vintagenc.onthecity.org/plaza/events

Old 09-19-2016, 08:04 AM

Thanks again. I will pass on the info.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:26 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,570,202 times
I've heard great things about Raleigh Vineyard and Open Door church - both look to be about 30 minutes from creedmoor. I haven't personally been to either but our neighbors love them! We're Episcopal so that wouldn't be what they're looking for from the sounds of it.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:47 AM

Thanks! I will pass these suggestions on as well!

Old 09-19-2016, 10:53 AM

Another church I used to attend in North Raleigh before I moved towards downtown is Lifepointe Church on Durant Road in Raleigh - can give that a thumbs up as well recommendation wise.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:18 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,531,466 times
watch out for really large TV screens:

Multi-Site Church Video Screen Utterly Fails At Pastoral Counseling | The Babylon Bee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary