Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 07:47 PM

27 posts, read 76,119 times

Advertisements

My son goes to middle school in Clayton and we have heard about some gang activity in the schools. Apparantly there was a gang fight in the hallway last year and there has been some graffiti in the bathroom. Other than that, I have not heard of anything happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 09:41 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,806,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren4521 View Post
I don't think urban sprawl has hit Clayton. I actually was told the same thing about Holly Springs HS by a number of folks with kids in the HS. I've not heard a thing about it here in Clayton but I asked some old locals and they said that there are crips and bloods everywhere. But that its not like it is near cities.

We lived in a suburb outside of Trenton in NJ and believe me we wanted to avoid urban sprawl as well. While our neighborhood was nice, it was a victim of urban sprawl and after we left there were 3 gang shootings on our street (all due to one family with 2 boys in the crips or bloods).

We have neighbors with kids in Clayton HS, I'll ask them about it.
Lauren
Urban sprawl has hit Clayton and Holly Springs. Otherwise people moving here would still want to live in Raleigh. But I don't think the gangs have moved there b/c of urban sprawl. Gangs had never been a problem in Raleigh. More-so Durham and other outlying cities.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:48 AM

223 posts, read 565,704 times
There are gangs in Raleigh to be sure. Might not be as active as other cities but the gangs are there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary