Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 03:38 PM

807 posts, read 824,001 times

Advertisements

After a "very difficult week for Cary" -Mayor Harold Weinbrecht CaryCitizen | Harold’s Blog: Tennis Championship, Dragon Boats and HB2

Maybe some "good news"; for what it's worth, Cary is back on Money's top places to live list #37/50 (the only NC town/city to make it). Also, Raleigh was named the best big city in the Southeast.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/...live-2016.html

MONEY's Best Places to Live 2016 Rankings

Again, the list, for what it's worth.... I mean, Apex goes from #1 to not even making the top 50 to be put on the list??? Also, in the Cary profile, they cite two different median home prices??? Finally, the picture in Cary's profile of a woman kayaking in forest river, is that even in Cary? Well, at least it's not more news of events/business being pulled out and/or canceled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 06:09 PM

186 posts, read 327,847 times
people boycotting NC? good. gives us all some time to breathe and slow down the incessant growth and traffic and bursting school rooms...

Old 09-19-2016, 08:30 PM

4,296 posts, read 5,950,503 times
This list is for towns 50k-300k, and Apex isn't quite big enough to qualify.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:18 PM

1,360 posts, read 998,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeboy919 View Post
people boycotting NC? good. gives us all some time to breathe and slow down the incessant growth and traffic and bursting school rooms...
Maybe a few more overhyped "controversies" and we can actually bring population growth down to a sustainable level. *fingers crossed*

Old 09-20-2016, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
This list is for towns 50k-300k, and Apex isn't quite big enough to qualify.
Ok, guess I didn't read the fine print about this and also that the list alternates yearly between ranking big cities and small towns; takes care of that perceived discrepancy. What about the picture of the lady kayaking on Forest River in Cary; any idea where that is at?

Old 09-20-2016, 05:17 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 4 days ago)

43,079 posts, read 76,631,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrunner77 View Post
Ok, guess I didn't read the fine print about this and also that the list alternates yearly between ranking big cities and small towns; takes care of that perceived discrepancy. What about the picture of the lady kayaking on Forest River in Cary; any idea where that is at?
I'm thinking it may be from the headwaters of Lochmere Lake.
Maybe...

Young Woman Kayaking On River Cary North Carolina Usa Stock Photo | Getty Images

Old 09-20-2016, 05:54 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,038,338 times
Quote:
After a "very difficult week for Cary" -Mayor Harold Weinbrecht CaryCitizen | Harold’s Blog: Tennis Championship, Dragon Boats and HB2

Maybe some "good news"; for what it's worth, Cary is back on Money's top places to live list #37/50 (the only NC town/city to make it). Also, Raleigh was named the best big city in the Southeast.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/...live-2016.html

MONEY's Best Places to Live 2016 Rankings

Again, the list, for what it's worth.... I mean, Apex goes from #1 to not even making the top 50 to be put on the list??? Also, in the Cary profile, they cite two different median home prices??? Finally, the picture in Cary's profile of a woman kayaking in forest river, is that even in Cary? Well, at least it's not more news of events/business being pulled out and/or canceled.
Ah....didn't see this thread before I started another one. In any case, Raleigh was also honored by Money in the 2016 ranking as one of the 6 best big cities.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Ah....didn't see this thread before I started another one. In any case, Raleigh was also honored by Money in the 2016 ranking as one of the 6 best big cities.
My bad, I should have used a more descriptive title -per forum guidelines. I guess I was trying to be a little cute with it

Old 09-20-2016, 06:27 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,528,951 times
Quote:

Rent one for $6 an hour at Bond Park:

https://www.townofcary.org/Departmen...se_Rentals.htm

Old 09-20-2016, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Rent one for $6 an hour at Bond Park:

https://www.townofcary.org/Departmen...se_Rentals.htm
Ok, but any idea of where the photo of the kayaker in Cary was taken? MONEY

I don't think it is even in Cary, maybe the Eno River in Durham or Falls of Neuse in Raleigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary