Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 11:05 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,569,777 times

Advertisements

We're looking for a new vet to come to our house for the cats and dog. We're in North Raleigh - any suggestions? Our old vet has proven to be less than reliable in the past year or so so we're looking for a better one. Our cats HATE cars so one that will come to us is a necessity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 11:31 AM

19,385 posts, read 27,660,580 times
I believe that Bowman offers house calls.

Old 09-22-2016, 12:21 PM

8,583 posts, read 15,969,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana123 View Post
We're looking for a new vet to come to our house for the cats and dog. We're in North Raleigh - any suggestions? Our old vet has proven to be less than reliable in the past year or so so we're looking for a better one. Our cats HATE cars so one that will come to us is a necessity.
If you want to work on the car issue, I had a cat that hated cars too..
When I started putting her in a cat carrier and lined it with an old beach towel (for her nervous pee)
she was much better..At the vet I would bag up the wet towel and put a dry one in
for her..I liked to sit her up front in the car where she could see me thru the end of the carrier and have
AC blowing towards her..

Old 09-22-2016, 12:54 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,569,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
If you want to work on the car issue, I had a cat that hated cars too..
When I started putting her in a cat carrier and lined it with an old beach towel (for her nervous pee)
she was much better..At the vet I would bag up the wet towel and put a dry one in
for her..I liked to sit her up front in the car where she could see me thru the end of the carrier and have
AC blowing towards her..
We have tried everything imaginable. They still meow and poop and roll in it the entire time. It's horrible...and they're 13 so I think they're even worse now somehow. I thought I could teach them to love it when they were kittens by increasingly long drives with treats and rewards. Never worked. Even with vet prescribed drugs for our drive down from New England they were misearble, meowing blood curling meows for 15 hours and rolling around in their own pee and poop. Doesn't seem to matter if it's 5 minute or 15 hours to them either...at this point I've given up.

One has super bad anxiety too so it doesn't help. Like so bad he won't come out for days if anyone new comes to the house. We had a sitter when we were out of town who thought he was dead because she didn't believe me that she'd never see him. He didn't come out to us for 5 days after we got home.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:28 PM

8,583 posts, read 15,969,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanana123 View Post
We have tried everything imaginable. They still meow and poop and roll in it the entire time. It's horrible...and they're 13 so I think they're even worse now somehow. I thought I could teach them to love it when they were kittens by increasingly long drives with treats and rewards. Never worked. Even with vet prescribed drugs for our drive down from New England they were misearble, meowing blood curling meows for 15 hours and rolling around in their own pee and poop. Doesn't seem to matter if it's 5 minute or 15 hours to them either...at this point I've given up.

One has super bad anxiety too so it doesn't help. Like so bad he won't come out for days if anyone new comes to the house. We had a sitter when we were out of town who thought he was dead because she didn't believe me that she'd never see him. He didn't come out to us for 5 days after we got home.
That does sound bad..Hopefully they don't need many vet appts..
Good luck

Old 09-22-2016, 04:23 PM

1,527 posts, read 1,474,866 times
Try Dr, Jon at Magnolia Animal Hospital. We've used him over 15 years.

He himself owns 12 cats and a dog.

Loves animals more than money.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:05 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,920,632 times
We are in the North Raleigh area and have used used Dr Marlon Sequeira (mobile vet) and were very pleased with him. He is very receptive to your needs and requests and has a very gentle nature that is good for pets....especially cats :-) His assistant is also wonderful!

Old 09-23-2016, 08:31 AM

19,385 posts, read 27,660,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post

But does he make house calls? I don't think so.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:38 AM

13,652 posts, read 12,310,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post

I second Dr. John, he's good with my pup but was amazing with my fiance's I'll tempered cat.

But I don't think he makes house calls.

Old 09-26-2016, 12:11 PM

16 posts, read 9,123 times
Try using Feliway spray on a towel inside the carrier or a towel covering the carrier. Our last vet started using it in their cat area and noticed it helped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary