Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2006, 09:40 AM

5 posts, read 12,082 times

Advertisements

The posts and information here have been absolutely wonderful. I can't believe how sincerely helpful all north carolinians are, very refreshing... Thank You.

Okay, my questions are...
We will be relocating from Michigan in May '07, and have been researching builders in the area. Does anyone have any information, good or bad, on Capitol Homes and/or Homelife Communities??? I've been reading here that Durham isn't exactly what you'd call 'Home' for a young family, is this true in this subdivision/area?? Carpenters Ponte is just outside the wake county border, it appears, and is North of 98. I don't know much about the area, and wasn't considering it in my search, however, we came across this builder, Capitol Homes and are interested in what they may have to offer.

We were originally looking in wake county. We have seen some nicer things about the county here and 'thought' we had finally narrowed our search. Does anyone have information on any of the Homelife Communities properties?? We are also interested in their subdivions as they offer them in the areas we think might fit us better...

A little info on us, we are in our late 20's with a preschooler and 'hopefully' more on the way. We are coming from a very family/community oriented neighborhood, where people take pride in their homes, that is close enough to all the necessary things, ie: target groceries, etc... It's about a five minute drive for us now. We drive 30+min to get downtown, to work. We would definately enjoy a backyard for the kiddies to play, and for my sanity's sake =) But a huge yard isn't really necessary.

I would sincerely appreciate any and all information, helpful hints, tips, anything you've got!! Please, send it my way! Thanks so much,
Kristie

p.s - We will be visiting mid February and would like to narrow our search for a home then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary