Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 10:22 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,926,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkrick View Post
I found the manual for the box on the Time Warner site and it has the instructions below, but they don't work. Pressing GUIDE and INFO doesn't do anything. I suspect that maybe TW has disabled that functionality somehow.
Why is the magic combo of buttons necessary? The TWC remote has a menu or settings button, and the on-screen menu can also take you into settings where you can set the output and aspect ratio (assuming your box offers such settings choices).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 10:26 AM

77 posts, read 188,450 times
My parents (in Mount Airy) have a non-DVR box from TWC that outputs 720p and 1080i automatically, along with SD, depending on the channel. I'm pretty sure it's that same box. It's some kind of Scientific Atlanta Explorer, at least.

Are you sure that they are subscribing to HD service? I don't know how TWC does it these days, but I have to pay extra for HD service with AT&T.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:38 AM

166 posts, read 418,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Why is the magic combo of buttons necessary? The TWC remote has a menu or settings button, and the on-screen menu can also take you into settings where you can set the output and aspect ratio (assuming your box offers such settings choices).
Yep. I just found out about that after going to the local TWC office with my parents' cable box. The guy at the office showed me on one of their TVs. My mistake was programming my parents' new universal TV remote to control the cable box. I didn't realize there's a special "settings" button on the cable box remote that lets you access the menu to change the output settings.

In my defense, I have TWC cable at my house, but I just have the cheapo "broadcast" package and I don't use a cable box, so I don't have any experience with how the boxes worked.

Old 08-10-2014, 01:50 AM

2 posts, read 2,724 times
We have the TWC DVR pace boxes and they are a piece of CRAP. When will they be getting new ones? I been told by many TWC employees that they are getting new DVR boxes. Is there a date when to expect them out?

Old 08-10-2014, 10:14 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,074,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiseyLexus View Post
We have the TWC DVR pace boxes and they are a piece of CRAP. When will they be getting new ones? I been told by many TWC employees that they are getting new DVR boxes. Is there a date when to expect them out?
2015 for Raleigh is about all I've seen. See 7/31/2014 press release:

Time Warner Cable Announces Commitment To Transform Customer Experience In Seven Markets

Frank

Old 11-03-2015, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,083 times
Default Can't delete old dvr series

I have an older remote, but the new ones are no better. I cannot get from the list or search or guide or any other option to the bottom options, such as series manager, where I want to delete or change dvr series settings. Anybody have a work around for this? I have tried all those and using the left arrow key. I've pressed settings, and all the colored buttons and then the left or right arrow key. No go..............argh

Old 11-05-2015, 03:56 PM

650 posts, read 928,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcie.r View Post
I have an older remote, but the new ones are no better. I cannot get from the list or search or guide or any other option to the bottom options, such as series manager, where I want to delete or change dvr series settings. Anybody have a work around for this? I have tried all those and using the left arrow key. I've pressed settings, and all the colored buttons and then the left or right arrow key. No go..............argh
Post your results and maybe Marty McFly will bring it back to use when this thread started. Then we will never have that problem Back to the Future.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary