Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 09:24 AM

1,521 posts, read 2,765,149 times

Advertisements

Theres no rhetoric, but thanks for trying. Read it. Its right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepassiveagressivedriverabove
I simply won't let you in by hugging the rear bumper of the car in front of me if you're passing in a no passing zone, etc.
Real safe. Real justified. Totally not passive aggressive, you're right.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 10:06 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,817,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
Theres no rhetoric, but thanks for trying. Read it. Its right there.

Real safe. Real justified. Totally not passive aggressive, you're right.

Wait. So you are saying it's totally acceptable for someone to risk everyone else's life by passing in a no passing zone, but NOT for someone to not leave space for that person to pass illegally and get in front of him? I am guessing you are fighting this one so hard because it's a move you like to make?

Now personally, in that scenario, I don't care. I sit back far enough from the car in front of me to feel I can safely react if I see brake lights on the cars in line ahead of me. If someone is in a big hurry and needs to get in front of me so they can wait behind the same line of cars I am behind, it's no big deal to me. I am assuming we are talking about a two lane highway type of scenario.

Old 12-08-2016, 04:24 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,871,553 times
If only those driving faster than they should for the conditions as they permit had the experience and driving skills to react to dangerous situations. No one can know if they do or not until a situation challenges them, but the stakes are unnecessarily high and the ramifications dire. Even good and experienced drivers can find themselves in a situation they can't get out of.

Old 12-08-2016, 04:50 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,927,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
If only those driving faster than they should for the conditions as they permit had the experience and driving skills to react to dangerous situations. No one can know if they do or not until a situation challenges them, but the stakes are unnecessarily high and the ramifications dire. Even good and experienced drivers can find themselves in a situation they can't get out of.
+1

Old 12-08-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
Wait. So you are saying it's totally acceptable for someone to risk everyone else's life by passing in a no passing zone, but NOT for someone to not leave space for that person to pass illegally and get in front of him? I am guessing you are fighting this one so hard because it's a move you like to make?

Now personally, in that scenario, I don't care. I sit back far enough from the car in front of me to feel I can safely react if I see brake lights on the cars in line ahead of me. If someone is in a big hurry and needs to get in front of me so they can wait behind the same line of cars I am behind, it's no big deal to me. I am assuming we are talking about a two lane highway type of scenario.
Yes I'm saying if someone else pulls a dangerous maneuver you pulling an equally dangerous maneuver by "hugging the rear bumper of the car in front of me" which is also "(holding) my position"....IE TAILGATING, in this own persons words...yes, I'm saying that's bad. It's the least safe reaction. Passive aggressive drivers, you are the problem!!!!

The choice you (you specifically, the person in the quote box above) make to say "hey you want to wait one less car, no big deal to me go ahead jackass" IS the right one, good for you, that's the safe choice for you and everyone around you.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:25 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,588,554 times
Don't be so snarky rory breaker.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Don't be so snarky rory breaker.
Everyone says they want to be so safe, and they look down on "speeders", well, face the real problem, it aint the guy going 80 on 40 in the left lane, its the passive aggressive aholes who sit in the left lane purposely, or don't let the person in who obviously wants to go faster than them, IE they are choosing to place their ego above everyone else's safety around them. Is the other person right to butt in to save 1 car's distance? Nope. The right reaction is not to endanger everyone around you to feed your own ego and protect "your" space. Not talking to you specifically, using you generally.

Sounds corny but yes if one single person reads this and says "you know what next time maybe I wont hug someones rear bumper and instead will play it cool, its just not worth it." This is how accidents happen, for real, we need to put our egos aside and drive safely, we shouldnt "get joy out of someone getting mad" - this is sick, people have issues, gotta stop. Take your vindictive, dangerous, selfish habits elsewhere. (Again, you, generally).

You (specifically) can call it snark, call it whatever you want, I call it common sense, courtesy, appreciation for other peoples' lives...a core responsibility we all share.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:59 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,817,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
Everyone says they want to be so safe, and they look down on "speeders", well, face the real problem, it aint the guy going 80 on 40 in the left lane, its the passive aggressive aholes who sit in the left lane purposely, or don't let the person in who obviously wants to go faster than them, IE they are choosing to place their ego above everyone else's safety around them. Is the other person right to butt in to save 1 car's distance? Nope. The right reaction is not to endanger everyone around you to feed your own ego and protect "your" space. Not talking to you specifically, using you generally.

Sounds corny but yes if one single person reads this and says "you know what next time maybe I wont hug someones rear bumper and instead will play it cool, its just not worth it." This is how accidents happen, for real, we need to put our egos aside and drive safely, we shouldnt "get joy out of someone getting mad" - this is sick, people have issues, gotta stop. Take your vindictive, dangerous, selfish habits elsewhere. (Again, you, generally).

You (specifically) can call it snark, call it whatever you want, I call it common sense, courtesy, appreciation for other peoples' lives...a core responsibility we all share.
Exactly like people who think that they are such superior drivers that they should be able to drive 80 mph on I-40. Just because someone else is doing something you feel is unsafe, that doesn't absolve you of the fact you are also being an unsafe driver who is exceeding a safe speed because you, for some reason, feel that the laws should only apply to other drivers and not you.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:30 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,927,154 times
Rory's a one trick pony...city data speeding threads

Old 12-09-2016, 06:31 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,588,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
Rory's a one trick pony...city data speeding threads
and how much downtown Cary sucks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary