Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2008, 02:36 PM

2 posts, read 3,195 times

Advertisements

We put our house on the market yesterday 2/25/08 and we are planning to move to Willow Springs, garner or Rolesville, undecided yet until the house moves here...
We are preparing the move by asking if anyone have any good experience with any moving companies who are not crooks, and have storage options, while we search for a home in the areas mentioned? I used to love snow, but hate it lately don't need snow every other day. You will know what I mean if you are originated from the northeast. I own a home based internet company so location is flexible. RTP I would get away from as far as I can until the 540 is completed. We saw many stick built homes and met few builders who are nice. But stick built homes are put "together" in less than 90 days , that scares me. I see many flat panel TV cut outs above the fireplace, creative thinking but not for all buyers. People in NC are exceptionally friendly. We stayed at the Holiday Inn @ Chapel Hill, Absolutely loved it. Great food accommodations. Getting used to watching UNC and Duke basketball games everyday try to forget about the superbowl nightmare. If anyone has any relevent suggestions for us, please feel free to write to us.

Thanks again, Stephen
From the state of "live free or Die"..but its time to move on..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 03:14 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,163,684 times
Beware of internet moving brokers. They will cheat you.

Look here American Moving and Storage Association

Old 02-27-2008, 05:02 PM

143 posts, read 708,722 times
Where in NH are you coming from? We lived there for many years and are now loving NC! How big of a household will you be moving?

Old 02-27-2008, 05:20 PM

144 posts, read 496,723 times
Make sure you get a "not to exceed" quote and make sure that it is in WRITING.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:04 PM

1,029 posts, read 1,925,027 times
You'll love it here. Winter lasted about as long as a lunch hour.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:49 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenbo1 View Post
We put our house on the market yesterday 2/25/08 and we are planning to move to Willow Springs, garner or Rolesville, undecided yet until the house moves here...
We are preparing the move by asking if anyone have any good experience with any moving companies who are not crooks, and have storage options, while we search for a home in the areas mentioned? I used to love snow, but hate it lately don't need snow every other day. You will know what I mean if you are originated from the northeast. I own a home based internet company so location is flexible. RTP I would get away from as far as I can until the 540 is completed. We saw many stick built homes and met few builders who are nice. But stick built homes are put "together" in less than 90 days , that scares me. I see many flat panel TV cut outs above the fireplace, creative thinking but not for all buyers. People in NC are exceptionally friendly. We stayed at the Holiday Inn @ Chapel Hill, Absolutely loved it. Great food accommodations. Getting used to watching UNC and Duke basketball games everyday try to forget about the superbowl nightmare. If anyone has any relevent suggestions for us, please feel free to write to us.

Thanks again, Stephen
From the state of "live free or Die"..but its time to move on..
My sister and her family moved back here from New Hampshire almost 2 years ago. They were in merrimack for 6 years. The cold, snow, and yuck from the snow made them move back to the triangle sooner rather than later. I live in wake forest, and they moved here as well. Let me know if you have rolesville questions.....it is a great little up and coming town.

Just think, you will exchange the black flies for mosquitoes!

Leigh

Old 02-28-2008, 07:49 AM

189 posts, read 753,751 times
We moved from NH in October 2007 and LOVED the movers who moved us down! They broke every one of my sterotypes about movers. Not only were they hardworking and careful, but they were friendly, too. We enjoyed having them in our home.

Anthony Chavis, an independent owner of an Allied van connected to Siracusa Moving and Storage, and his team packed us and moved us. However, a different crew moved our things from storage to our permanent location after we bought a home. Apparently, there are rules governing long-distance v. local moves. The guys that are higher up on the food chain do the long distance moves.

I should add that we were part of a corporate relocation and never saw a bill.

Good luck to you in your research. If you do searches of this board on any variety of topics, you'll find a wealth of information. I monitored this board for close to a year before we moved. We ended up in SW Durham and love it! Had I not had this board as a resource, we probably would have settled in N. Raleigh or Cary out of ignorance of other viable options.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:54 PM

835 posts, read 2,877,663 times
We're on our way down in 6 more days from NH to Wake Forest!! My husband has been working/living in Raleigh for 5 months while the kids and I stayed behind to sell the house. It took 4 months which in this market isn't too bad, though we did take a huge cut in the selling price of our home. I think we will do great in making it up in NC however. We bought in Reynolds Mill and are getting quite a house for the money! We are actually using ABF where you pack up and they drive the truck down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary