Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 09:15 AM

7 posts, read 6,001 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Our new construction house is in need of window treatment. There are a LOT of windows. I've heard window treatment can be scarily expensive. It will be very helpful if you could recommend some companies that you had good experience with.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 09:54 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,804,420 times
Are you looking for curtains, blinds (what type? Wood? Cellular? ) plantatiin shutters?

Are you able to install yourself?

Old 12-08-2016, 11:23 AM

We will for sure need shutters and shades. Drapery is to be decided. I can install myself, but prefer professional install if price is reasonable.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:24 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,581,696 times
Depends on what you're looking for. I'd check out mill fabric outlet for material to make curtains if that's the route you're going. Their quality and pricing seems to be very good and they will make it for you though that is where it gets expensive. Home Depot/Lowe's are good for the hardware to hang and blinds and such.

Old 12-08-2016, 01:18 PM

Shutters, Plantation Shutters, Wood Shutters, Custom Shutters, Composite Shutters - Carolina Shutter & Blinds | Winston-Salem, Raleigh, North Carolina Piedmont, Triad, Triangle

Blinds, Shades & Shutters in Charlotte, Raleigh NC - Carolina Blind Crafters

I'd get quotes from both.

I ended up using the latter company, but got good quotes from both companies. I ordered plantation shutters, wood blinds and vertical blinds. The only reason I went with blind Crafters was the sales rep (who I really liked) and they had a vertical blind that I wanted in my bedroom that the other company could not supply. They provided temporary blinds while they were making my stuff.

I'll also note that one of the plantation shutters was mismeasured, but the company took care of the problem easily and quickly. I'm always impressed with companies that stand behind their product, even when there was a mistake.

Old 12-08-2016, 01:26 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,430,946 times
FWIW a neighbor of mine had his professionally quoted at a cost of around $1,700 for his house. He bought the same blinds and it was $400. You're going to pay a lot for professional install. Just a heads up.

Old 12-08-2016, 01:41 PM

Thanks Jkgourmet, annabanana123, and wheelsup for the suggestions!

Old 12-08-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
FWIW a neighbor of mine had his professionally quoted at a cost of around $1,700 for his house. He bought the same blinds and it was $400. You're going to pay a lot for professional install. Just a heads up.
Agreed. The online sources that take free returns even if you mismeasure are MUCH cheaper. I have no idea about the quality.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:53 PM

333 posts, read 286,931 times
I ordered mine from blindstogo.com, which I had used when I lived in NJ -- their headquarters is near there. Blinds are made in the US. I hired a handyman to install them. Three of the blinds had a slight problem with the headers; they paid for shipping back to them, and back to me. I have been entirely satisfied with them. For 20 windows, it cost me about $1700 including installation. A local company here had quoted me $2500.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:41 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,594,863 times
I used All Phase Blinds and Shutters. They had a great price compared to some of my other quotes and they were very efficient. I have been very happy with the quality of the products and service after the installation. Originally we put shutters in the windows viewable from the street and blinds on the backside, but after a couple of months my husband decided he liked the shutters much more and we ordered shutters for the other windows. The great thing about shutters is that you can let light in with the upper half open and yet have privacy leaving bottom half closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary