U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 02-28-2008, 08:11 AM

2,427 posts, read 4,881,394 times
I have been w/ Wachovia twice, from 1995-1998 and from 2002 to present and have been quite pleased. In between (due to moves) I was with B of A and Wells Fargo. I was not terribly pleased with B of A, however Wells Fargo was great...awesome customer service. Although Wachovia is not as good as Wells Fargo, they're still quite good and they have branches all over the place. Highly recommended!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-28-2008, 09:33 AM

4,597 posts, read 6,888,628 times
My husband's business accounts are with Wachovia and he has been very pleased with them for the past several years. I used Wachovia years ago -- mainly because it was the bank where my employer automatically deposited our pay at the time -- and was never happy with the bank and its services.

As a NC State employee, I joined the NCSECU, and have all of my accounts there. Subsequently, I opened personal accounts for my daughter and my husband, and couldn't be happier. I've belonged to NCSECU for about 28 years now, and never had a complaint (but I suppose this doen't help you).

I can only attest to spouse's satisfaction with Wachovia.

Unread 02-28-2008, 10:16 AM

2,408 posts, read 6,776,911 times
Back in California, Washington Mutual, by far, had the lowest fees (no-fee atm, no-fee to use other peoples atms, no fee for cashiers checks, no fee for outbound wire transfers). Do you guys know of any banks that are able to compete in those areas?

Unread 02-28-2008, 10:32 AM

2,427 posts, read 4,881,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxor View Post
Back in California, Washington Mutual, by far, had the lowest fees (no-fee atm, no-fee to use other peoples atms, no fee for cashiers checks, no fee for outbound wire transfers). Do you guys know of any banks that are able to compete in those areas?
My accounts with Wachovia are fee-free like that. I think most banks will cut you that slack as long as you maintain a healthy combined minimum balance across your accounts.

Unread 02-28-2008, 11:36 AM

4,597 posts, read 6,888,628 times
Banks often accommodate customers with a "no fee approach" to banking if they maintain certain balances, don't they?

Unread 02-29-2008, 03:21 PM

277 posts, read 444,046 times
Default I love ....

Wachovia - the staff are knowledgeable and friendly and there are no hidden charges.

Unread 02-29-2008, 07:30 PM

70 posts, read 163,557 times
I prefer Suntrust. I do not like Wachovia business hours. I live in Fuquay-Varina and they are only open Mon-Friday and no weekends unless I drive 20 minutes to Garner and all deposits have to be in before 2pm to go on that days business where as SunTrust is in by 5 pm for that days business and they are closer to my office and have branches in stores like Kroger that are open 7 days a week for convience banking. We switched to SunTrust and left Wachovia.

Unread 03-01-2008, 06:13 AM

21 posts, read 47,277 times
I love my Wachovia. Had an account with them for past 7 years (when they were still First Union) Used in PA and all over. On the other hand, I hear that if you open a Sun Trust account, you can get a $100 donation to your favorite charity (or $50 if your favorite is you), but I haven't had any dealings with them. Visit both and then decide!

Unread 03-01-2008, 10:47 AM

9,900 posts, read 15,621,558 times
One of my lenders works with Sun Trust now. He also has told me about the $100 donated to a chairty to $50 in your account. Yes, some folks ARE their own charity! I don't have an account there...been very happy with Wachovia and NC State Credit Union. The credit union has been paying over 4% on their money market account...I like that!

Vicki

Unread 03-03-2008, 09:33 AM

410 posts, read 756,403 times
Suntrust! Suntrust! All the way. I have banked with them since they were CCB (I think it was the oldest bank in the Triangle b/f merging with Suntrust). CCB was always much more community oriented (local banker mentality), I found than either Wachovia (which we had a nickname of "Walk all over you", when I was at UNC) or BOA (which was NCNB, which we dubed No Cash 4 No Body, b/f it became BOA).
I like that pretty much anywhere south I go I can find a Suntrust branch, and I agree--they seem to sprouting more and more branches during a time whenever one is scaling back. Suntrust also has "in store branches", and I like the fact that we can go to a teller on the weekend if need be. I think the in-stores are pretty much just in Harris Teeters, but not sure about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary