Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 03:34 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,822,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
We lived at Hunting Ridge over 10 years ago and had issues of serious structural problems including floors ready to collapse onto the floor below.

The place got an external renovation but I'd check carefully since it did appear that the structural deficiencies could only be fixed by emptying the affected buildings and doing a gut renovation.

The neighborhood is great.
Yes, right by North Ridge, which was the "nouveau riche" neighborhood in the 1970s when it was built. Some great home there.

But, the apartments themselves are from that era, so I can believe they'd have structural problems. You might visit and see, but we wary that they're 40 years old and imagine how many people have lived in any given unit in 40 years.

If Mayfaire is the one on Lead Mine Road, it's RIGHT next to a shopping center with a grocery store and a very walkable neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 02:23 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,274,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
We lived at Hunting Ridge over 10 years ago and had issues of serious structural problems including floors ready to collapse onto the floor below.

The place got an external renovation but I'd check carefully since it did appear that the structural deficiencies could only be fixed by emptying the affected buildings and doing a gut renovation.

The neighborhood is great.
I remember seeing your review on apartmentratings.com and sending you a DM here for details, thank you for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Yes, right by North Ridge, which was the "nouveau riche" neighborhood in the 1970s when it was built. Some great home there.

But, the apartments themselves are from that era, so I can believe they'd have structural problems. You might visit and see, but we wary that they're 40 years old and imagine how many people have lived in any given unit in 40 years.

If Mayfaire is the one on Lead Mine Road, it's RIGHT next to a shopping center with a grocery store and a very walkable neighborhood.
The age is what makes Hunting Ridge a second choice but we have lived in much, much older places without issues over the years so maybe our expectations are lower. The floor plan is much better than Mayfaire and I believe there's more square footage per dollar spent (I'd have to check my notes)

But yes, living in Mayfaire next to Sola Coffee, Gonzo Tacos and Tequila, Food Lion and a highly recommended veterinarian would be pretty darn convenient!

Old 01-04-2017, 04:01 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,770,529 times
As far as food choices go at Hunting Ridge you would have Rise Biscuits & Donuts; Fresh Market; PDQ; Winston's; Smash Burger; Moe's; Chic-fil-A; Cook Out; ...... all within walking distance .... many others as well .....

Old 01-08-2017, 09:53 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,481,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie72 View Post
I remember seeing your review on apartmentratings.com and sending you a DM here for details, thank you for that.

The age is what makes Hunting Ridge a second choice but we have lived in much, much older places without issues over the years so maybe our expectations are lower. The floor plan is much better than Mayfaire and I believe there's more square footage per dollar spent (I'd have to check my notes)

But yes, living in Mayfaire next to Sola Coffee, Gonzo Tacos and Tequila, Food Lion and a highly recommended veterinarian would be pretty darn convenient!
We also lived in older properties, but they were not crawling with insects and on the verge of collapse.

A good trick is to walk around on the property when the office is closed. Ask as many residents as possible what they think of the property, service, and management.

We had to fight to get our lease ended when there was a roach infestation the exterminator could not cure. Probable cause was a leaking sewer line under the slab, and management did not want to bite the bullet to fix it.

Wiring was horribly unsafe. One window was so out of line from soil subsidence the super needed to cut a window shade diagonally to fit it in the horribly out of plumb window.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:13 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,274,314 times
:::::::::OP Update:::::::::::::

I contacted someone from Mayfaire about the arrest and they responded with this:

"For your other question there was a small issue, but there will be no other problem going forward. Since we do not tolerate any type of criminal offence on or off the property those residents no longer reside at Mayfaire."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary