Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2017, 06:11 PM

16 posts, read 33,924 times

Advertisements

I'm in tears and just hoping someone on here will be able to offer me some direction.

I have a molar that was root canaled (twice) a several years ago. Since then the tooth has been giving me problems off and on. I would see dentists but they would just it looked fine on x-ray and send me off. Or say "There might be a crack but we can't see it."

Well, this week, the pain reached a new level. As I write this I am in constant pain...despite taking 600mg of Advil.

I'm pretty sure the tooth is going to need to be extracted but I do not want to go back to the dentist that did the crown because the crown was not done well and besides she is now doing botox.

Anyway, I strongly believe extractions of a molar should be done by an oral surgeon, since I will definitely need an implant.

Anyone have recommendations for a dentist who would feel comfortable referring me to an oral surgeon once they took xrays and determined the tooth couldn't be saved?

I want to have a dentist I feel comfortable with doing the followup work (crown, etc.).

Would it be wrong to call an oral surgeon and ask for a recommendation to a dentist since I'm new to the area?

I lost both of my parents recently and grief and physical pain just don't mix. I need a break from at least one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 06:17 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,584,421 times
Good luck I had Endodontist Apex NC | Dr. Ryan Burleson - Apex Endodontics do a root canal a few years back. I don't have a lot of experience with this type of dentist (luckly) but he seemed very competent.

You might want to mention what area you live in to help with recommendations.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:20 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Where do you live? A lot of people here (including my entire immediate and extended family) use West Cary Dental. But obviously, they are in west Cary. He will either send you to Triangle Implant Center or Cary Oral Surgery for extraction.

Old 01-11-2017, 06:30 PM

708 posts, read 577,804 times
I have had continuing care, maintenance, etc from bone grafts with Dr. David Adams in Garner for over 10 years. My husband and FIL have gotten implants. I am not sure where you live or if convenient for you, but here is his info if interested. I hope you feel better soon.
David J Adams, DMD, MS, PA -- Periodontics & Implant Dentistry

Old 01-11-2017, 07:05 PM

16 posts, read 33,924 times
Sorry everyone. I live in Raleigh.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:52 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,535,379 times
Hope you find someone to help you.

Here is my recommendation:

Robert L. Stutts, DMD
PH: 919-233-0073

Old 01-11-2017, 07:58 PM

15 posts, read 11,078 times
Default Dentist in Raleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith9898 View Post
Sorry everyone. I live in Raleigh.
In Raleigh Dr Adams an Dr Cheeks dentistry. I recently moved and went to Dr Adams, very competent dentist. Staff was extremely friendly.

Old 01-11-2017, 08:05 PM

1,701 posts, read 2,589,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith9898 View Post
... I strongly believe extractions of a molar should be done by an oral surgeon, since I will definitely need an implant.
A suggestion based on personal experience: choose a dentist who will handle the whole restoration, start to finish. Extraction, implant, crown. This may result in a lower cost than seeing three different practitioners. It certainly avoids finger-pointing such as hearing the implant man say the extraction was poorly done.
Quote:
Would it be wrong to call an oral surgeon and ask for a recommendation to a dentist since I'm new to the area?
It isn't wrong but you might get a referral to his brother-in-law or his golf buddy.

I had a good experience with Dr. Kamran Qureshy in Cary.

Best wishes for successful treatment.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary