Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 09:57 AM

347 posts, read 522,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpains29 View Post
I hope they get a big lots, mattress store, massage parlor, Popeye's, Tobacco Shop, and a dollar tree, just to stick it to all the NIMBY's who rejected the Top Golf
Topgolf was an irresponsible use of that site. You should focus your thoughts to be more positive. Why not wish for a use that would enrich the local economy while coexisting well with the surrounding community?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 10:02 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,620,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
I sure love my $159 Poang chair.....easy to doze off in, too:

Leather Armchairs - IKEA

(found mine in the "open box" area just before check-out!)
Poang chair & ottoman lover here - SO comfortable!

Old 01-25-2017, 12:28 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKlunk View Post
Topgolf was an irresponsible use of that site. You should focus your thoughts to be more positive. Why not wish for a use that would enrich the local economy while coexisting well with the surrounding community?
I also live close by and did not support TopGolf in that location, but will be happy with Ikea or other large retailer.

Old 01-25-2017, 02:45 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
NIMBY is when people oppose otherwise decent or good land uses simply because they are near them. The more I saw of the TopGolf proposal the worse it looked in that location. There were many reasons other than NIMBYism to be against it. And that was comparing it to a derelict mall. Comparing it to an IKEA is even more stacked against TopGolf. And I probably would have actually used the TopGolf.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:37 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
What I'm curious about is if the rumors are true, what do they do about the existing tenants?

Old 01-25-2017, 03:47 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
What I'm curious about is if the rumors are true, what do they do about the existing tenants?
There are so many vacant storefronts in the west end of the mall, it should not be difficult to relocate tenants from the east end to make room for renovation.
And, I bet their leases have allowance for the landlord to do just that..

Old 01-25-2017, 03:51 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
I'm going to laugh hysterically if it ends up being a Walmart SuperCenter.

On a serious note though, despite everything pointing toward IKEA, we should perhaps be a slight bit reserved and not make assumptions.
Good point, their colors are blue and yellow also......

Old 01-25-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
Poang chair & ottoman lover here - SO comfortable!
We disassembled our Poang to move it to NC and ex-husband couldn't figure out how to reassemble it, so he threw it out.

I rocked my babies in that chair for many a long long night....

Old 01-25-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
There are so many vacant storefronts in the west end of the mall, it should not be difficult to relocate tenants from the east end to make room for renovation.
And, I bet their leases have allowance for the landlord to do just that..
Yes, and it doesn't take long to build an Ikea...they just bring the pieces packed in flat cartons, and the Swedes come in with industrial size allen wrenches and have that big building up in no time at all!

I like Ikea so much, I'm thinking of applying to work there.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:03 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Yes, and it doesn't take long to build an Ikea...they just bring the pieces packed in flat cartons, and the Swedes come in with industrial size allen wrenches and have that big building up in no time at all!

I like Ikea so much, I'm thinking of applying to work there.
And when they're done they can use the leftover parts to build a bus shelter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary