Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 08:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,473 times

Advertisements

My husband and I arrived at the Cary location last night only to find that it had been closed. A waitress was in the parking lot and told us that the store employees had been provided no warning that they would be losing their jobs immediately. It seems that at least some advanced warning could have been provided to the employees. I am going to miss the restaurant as it was one of my favorites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 08:28 AM

6,820 posts, read 9,056,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimidm View Post
My husband and I arrived at the Cary location last night only to find that it had been closed. A waitress was in the parking lot and told us that the store employees had been provided no warning that they would be losing their jobs immediately. It seems that at least some advanced warning could have been provided to the employees. I am going to miss the restaurant as it was one of my favorites.
You're right. It's really shabby of them to not give the employees advance notice. They probably justify it by saying they didn't want employees to leave early.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:22 AM

22 posts, read 30,234 times
I'm sad! My family has been going here regularly for years. However, I had noticed changes the last couple of years. I was actually just there Tuesday. I guess I'm glad I was able to go one last time. I noticed the Wild Wing Cafe (formerly Jack Astors) is also closed. Wonder if they'll bulldoze them both and put in something bigger..

Old 03-02-2017, 12:15 PM

43,280 posts, read 77,092,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Before taking the loss selling the gift cards online, try calling the corporate HQ. They might be willing to do the right thing and refund your money. Souplantation Sweet Tomatoes Corporate Office & Headquarters

But they ARE closing in other cities, too.
Do you think?
I dunno.
If they've filed, I would suspect that cardholders would be unsecured and way far down the line to be reimbursed, and that Corporate could not disburse without court approval.

No?

Old 03-02-2017, 12:16 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,809,064 times
We were regulars until I had to eliminate raw veggies from my diet. I know my daughter and family liked to go, because there were lots of finger foods for my 15-month -old grandson. Bummer.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,294 times
I went yesterday just as they were closing. They said corporate called and told them to close. If a state only has a couple stores then the stores in that state were given 2 hours notice to close their doors. The states with more than a couple stores are staying open according to the employees. I'm sorry to see them close. I loved the variety of soups and the salad bar. I wish the employees luck. I would also call corporate and get the money back for the gift certificate.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:15 PM

10 posts, read 9,435 times
We use to like to go once in a while. I thought they were over priced for what it was but went if we had a coupon and drank water. However, in recent months due to severe austerity measures we don't eat out at all any more.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:43 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,543,382 times
Sweet Tomatoes restaurants in Raleigh, Cary close after parent company files for bankruptcy | News & Observer

Old 03-02-2017, 03:51 PM

6,820 posts, read 9,056,827 times
Apparently they are closing at least some locations in Texas.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:42 PM

1,836 posts, read 1,596,869 times
The only time that I have eaten at Sweet Tomatoes was in Plano, TX and it really needed to be closed down. It was filthy. Never went back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary