Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2008, 02:17 PM

2 posts, read 26,963 times

Advertisements

How many of you think an indoor or outdoor paintball or airsoft field will do in the clayton area? I was thinking maybe a warehouse in Raleigh for an Indoor airsoft field. Or maybe a woodsball field for paintball in clayton. I believe they have one in Princeton but its a speedball field outdoors. Just curious to see what people think.

For those you of you who don't know what airsoft is. It's almost like paintball but use 6mm plastic bb's, and the guns are real replicas of real guns
ex.(Ak-47, M16, P90, Desert eagle) either plastic or metal. Fps ranges from 90+fps(pistols) to 150+fps (Rifles). The guns can be spring action-(pulled back each time to load), electric-semi automatic or full automatic
(rechargeable battery) or co2 powered(semi, or full auto). Just a little information about guns. Also all guns have a bright orange tip on the end to show they are not real.The game is basically the same as woodball. Team strategy and very competative.

Paintball is higher fps due to using co2. and are metal guns. And they don't look like real guns.

Bottom line is, do you think any of these sports fields will be good in the clayton/ raleigh area? Indoor Airsoft or Outdoor Paintball field.

Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 03:07 PM

578 posts, read 3,080,753 times
There is already a variety of paintball fields in and around Raleigh. According to Google the two closest to Clayton would be Black River in Angier and Action Tagg in Garner. I just moved here however, and cannot comment from personal experience.

I would say that an INDOOR facility, assuming it's large enough, would probably be unique. Everything appears to be outdoors here.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:55 PM

171 posts, read 451,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastric View Post
There is already a variety of paintball fields in and around Raleigh. According to Google the two closest to Clayton would be Black River in Angier and Action Tagg in Garner. I just moved here however, and cannot comment from personal experience.

I would say that an INDOOR facility, assuming it's large enough, would probably be unique. Everything appears to be outdoors here.

An Indoor facility would be great for speed ball. I'm used to doing outdoors paintball. We'd play several courses during the day and at the end of the day play a few rounds of speed ball until we run out of paintballs.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:34 PM

578 posts, read 3,080,753 times
I come from Rochester, NY where nearly all paintball was indoors due to 1/2 the year being too cold to play outside. It was mostly a boring speedball field with inflatables. But my all time favorite was Jello Factory Paintball which was a multi-room monstrosity. Kind of like a 1 floor lazer tag field with lots of rooms, barriers, etc. You could easily find yourself targetted from 3 different directions. Made for a much more fun game, swat-style, and was a lot more interesting for new players since it wasn't gung-ho speedball which usually sees the new players all huddled in fear behind the starting bunker.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:52 PM

27 posts, read 140,099 times
Indoor paintball would be great!

Old 03-05-2008, 11:35 AM

2 posts, read 26,963 times
Glad to hear everyone is interested in indoor paintball, I know that will do over well as most people know about that sport more. How about airsoft? I know its more difficult to call somone out in airsoft, but hopefully people would play honestly and call it. And with an indoor paintball field the building would need to be much larger, as for airsoft you start small and have a technical floorplan and eventually expand because the fps isn't that high and impact of a plastic bb at close range won't do much damage.

Thanks for the replies gives me some ideas. Anymore??

Old 01-11-2009, 07:25 PM

1 posts, read 11,671 times
Default Great Idea

I think that would be a great idea, although there are a couple things you should know before you start this company. Airsoft has more to it than meets the eye, for example i personally have a 400fps Tokyo marui P90, and that is just a mid-range weopon with a standard fps. You can also get hand grenades and launchers, and claymores, etc.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-11-2009 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: ad

Old 01-12-2009, 05:27 AM

1,489 posts, read 5,692,353 times
Action Tagg isn't around anymore, but there is a field in Rolesville, and they have a store off of Capital right behind the Outback.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 5,049 times
If u did an indoor airsoft field in the raleigh area i would come

Old 09-08-2011, 07:03 PM

330 posts, read 984,654 times
I know a LOT of 8-16 year old boys in my church (and their friend, and their friends) are always wanting a place to play airsoft. It would be a hit in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary