Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 05:37 AM

1,561 posts, read 5,156,880 times

Advertisements

congrats, guys! every time it rains like crazy up here, i'm always hoping you folks in NC are getting some of it too...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 08:05 AM

282 posts, read 835,041 times
Default Can we do that again, Daddy? PLEEEEZ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Hoooooooooooooo, B-b-b-baby!

No one rain is a drought-ender, but this one sure is willing to take a whack at earning that title!
Lovin' it!

Just don't need the tornadoes, like they talked about in Caswell County...

Woohoo- that was a soaker all right. We just need 4 more of those and we'd be back to normal water levels.....

Yowza that was a loud one though....

Old 03-05-2008, 08:12 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Why is it that the News and Disturber always tells us how bad the drought is but when we get a few really good rains, they never tell us what effect the rain had on the drought? I wanna know! Did last night's rain make a dent? Does it take days for the results to be determined? Tell me!

Vicki

Old 03-05-2008, 08:17 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
Vicki, it takes days for them to see the results. It takes time for all of that water run-off to reach the lakes, ya know.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:22 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
Vicki, it takes days for them to see the results. It takes time for all of that water run-off to reach the lakes, ya know.
Ohhhhh. Like everyone else...I like INSTANT results!!! So...we'll know by Friday?!! Thanks MrsSteel!

Vicki

Old 03-05-2008, 10:11 AM

132 posts, read 445,755 times
Amazing display of lightning for a first storm experience. I was just sitting by the window and watched a lightning streak horizontally across the whole sky that I can sky (first time in my life - what an awesome sight ).

I will try to get my chair and snacks next time Great to hear that all the rain was helping the lakes from toot's post

Our little one slept right through all the fanfare

Old 03-05-2008, 10:35 AM

754 posts, read 1,692,698 times
We walked our dog at 8:00 in Durham and returned home by 8:30 unscathed by a single drop of rain. I'm still trying to figure out how we pulled that off because we were pounded before and after. Dumb luck I guess.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:11 AM

708 posts, read 687,517 times
good you guys are ok!!

Old 03-05-2008, 11:24 AM

282 posts, read 835,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Ohhhhh. Like everyone else...I like INSTANT results!!! So...we'll know by Friday?!! Thanks MrsSteel!

Vicki
Initial report was that the area got > 2". As of this morning - Falls Lake was > 1' higher than yesterday.

you were just a smidgen too impatient. they just posted something:

Rains Raise Falls Lake :: WRAL.com

We're now down to 6' under where the lake should be, from almost 8' at the beginning of the week.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:08 PM

431 posts, read 1,337,760 times
Glad to hear you all got some rain......My mindset is so North Carolina since we got back that yesterday when it started raining her in Long Island my husband asked was it supposed to rain today I said "I'm not sure but its supposed to in Clayton"

The hell with where I'm living now...I'm more concerned about where I'm going to live.....
So lets keep the water coming.....at least in a manner where you guys wont get too much flooding from the ground runoff and get the levels back to where they should be....I'll gladly do a couple raindances and send any rain from here....since its still pretty cold at times and the rain seems to become flurries......

glad everyone held up well......stay safe and wet.....lol

Suzanne
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary