Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 05:44 PM

821 posts, read 1,461,543 times

Advertisements

You know, that reminds me - before I bought my Mazda I negotiated a car with Fred Anderson that they were going to bring in for me - a 'new' car - except they called the day I was going to pick it up to tell me it had 5000 miles, it was driven by one of their managers. It was going to be 'new' because I was the first title owner.
Not to be a Fred-basher, but....honestly, I hope not to have to buy another car for another 16 years!! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 06:05 PM

4,303 posts, read 5,983,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Update-
I take back my praise.
They went back on the zero percent interest offer. Manager now says I got too good of a
price deal to do the zero percent. The zero percent was discussed during the whole process
with the salesman.
Done with them..
That's odd.

On my Sienna, I negotiated a price with them and then asked about the zero percent offer going on at that time, and they were happy to throw it on there. Hadn't been planning to finance, but couldn't say no to 5 years zero interest.

Mine was actually a dealer swap to get the color I wanted, and we agreed on the car before they confirmed the swap with the other dealer. The other dealer turned out to be non responsive, so they had to get one from yet another dealer, which meant I got free fog lights since that's what that one had on it. No hassle for me.

Old 03-15-2017, 06:36 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,003,675 times
Manager tried to quilt me about how he was getting this car in special for me ..
Told him I was not the one that changed the offer we discussed , that was on him.

Old 01-03-2019, 11:24 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,541,086 times
And, watch out for the one-liners after you decide on a car!

https://www.autonews.com/finance-ins...-can-seal-deal

Old 01-03-2019, 12:06 PM

634 posts, read 912,340 times
Could be worse - those of us from the rust belt states can likely recall the add-on rustproofing scams, thanks to the Jerry Lundegaards out there (warning, brief strong language):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2LLB9CGfLs

Old 01-03-2019, 05:01 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,934,898 times
Probably get a better deal up in Henderson.

Old 01-03-2019, 07:28 PM

49 posts, read 80,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Exactly, it can all be done pleasantly. When they eventually get to "we just can't go that low"
it's time to say "although I prefer to buy here, if you can't meet the price I will have to shop around"
But for that to work you have to know the numbers, and know what a "great deal" offer is.
And how does one know what a great deal is? Is TrueCar the lowest we should expect them to go or lower?

Old 01-03-2019, 07:38 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,003,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fm2802 View Post
And how does one know what a great deal is? Is TrueCar the lowest we should expect them to go or lower?
I like the discussion forums on Edmund.com.
You can find a thread on what you are buying and get real time deals people are getting.
Also research the current invoice, incentives and such .

Old 01-05-2019, 01:13 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,928,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fm2802 View Post
True Car or any other buying service is fine if you want more of a no-hassle experience, but you will pay more for the car by using them. For most of those services they are a middleman and the dealer pays them flat fees or monthly subscriptions to use those services, and those costs get passed along to you.

The best thing you can do is get a price on the car you want from at least 2 dealers, and work them against each other. Make sure the MSRP of the car is EXACTLY the same (or as close as you can get) to ensure everyone is quoting apples-to-apples.

I usually order my vehicles, and I spec the vehicle on the website and hand the spec sheet to the dealers and say "quote me this exact vehicle."

Trying to determine when you get a deal is hard. The dealer has all the info - you don't. Anyone who says you can find their pricing online is lying - you can't. While some sites pretend to show "Dealer Invoice" - that is not the same as "Dealer Cost." BIG, BIG difference between the two, and the info that describes the differences between those two numbers is only something the dealer will know. It's not public info....and I say this as someone who is very, very familiar with the auto/truck business.

Also, buying out of state can also be better since you can get them to waive the DOC fees if you tell them you'll make the trip to the NC DMV yourself. (Instead of using their title service.) NC dealers don't have this option and the DOC fees they charge in this state are ridiculous.

Last edited by iamweasel; 01-05-2019 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-05-2019, 01:37 PM

385 posts, read 348,167 times
I know Hyundai has a program to get price from corporate. No haggling with dealer. 100k warranty to boot. Otherwise the farther from Raleigh you can go the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary