Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 03:26 PM

9 posts, read 29,556 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone here on the board live in the Keystone Crossing neighborhood in Morrisville. If so, we will be neighbors!! For anyone of you that lives here, I have some questions about the neighborhood and such. Hope to hear from anyone that could help, Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 11:10 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,797,733 times
I've been considering moving there for a while so I thought I'd type something here and check in from time to time. The place is nice. Only downturn may be that it is in the Durham Co portion of Morrisville, which means Durham schools. Since they are so close to RTP though I doubt it would be hard for resale. I'm more interested in the Garage Townhomes or garageless townhomes to be exact.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:18 PM

609 posts, read 502,815 times
Anyone bought at Keystone crossing?
I m seriously looking to buy here in the next few months.
Can anyone list the pros and cons of living there? I don't have any children, so the school system is not really important to me at this time.
I know, Walmart will soon be in the neighborhood ... what could be the pro and cons of WalMart moving in? Any thoughts/concerns/opinions appreciated.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:51 PM

528 posts, read 1,458,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriInCary View Post
Anyone bought at Keystone crossing?
I m seriously looking to buy here in the next few months.
Can anyone list the pros and cons of living there? I don't have any children, so the school system is not really important to me at this time.
I know, Walmart will soon be in the neighborhood ... what could be the pro and cons of WalMart moving in? Any thoughts/concerns/opinions appreciated.
Just out of curiosity, why do you want to leave Cary? It seems that the people who live there just love it...wondering what could pull someone away from the area?

Old 07-27-2008, 10:12 PM

609 posts, read 502,815 times
Been in Cary for over 8 years. Love it here. I'm moving out, because i need more space. I know there are a lot of people on this board who either pro/anti-Cary, pro/anti-Durham, pro/anti-Raleigh, pro/anti-Chapel Hill ... and all that. My main thing is to stay close to RTP and in a good neighborhood with good potential for appreciation. I know there are pockets of those in either one of the respective counties in the triangle.
Also note that Keystone Crossing is just across the line from Wake county, but in Durham county.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes4birds View Post
Just out of curiosity, why do you want to leave Cary? It seems that the people who live there just love it...wondering what could pull someone away from the area?

Old 07-29-2008, 06:52 AM

8 posts, read 31,883 times
Default Yes, about to buy there

I am about to buy there in the next few months. I think it's one of the best places to watch the property values appreciate in the next few years. I like it cus it's right there with 540, 40, and 55 and just about inside of RTP. It's also in the same neighborhood as the other Morrisville developments going up.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:27 AM

2 posts, read 9,013 times
does anyone who lives in Keystone have any feedback about the builders or community? I am considering buying a single family home there. I know about the Durham County address. I am concerned about the lack of green space in the neighborhood (small lots sizes, no parks/common areas).

Thanks in advance!!

Old 08-13-2008, 02:23 PM

8 posts, read 31,883 times
Default Perry & Jordan

The builders are perry and jordan. Some lots are done by jordan and the other are perry. I am told that there will be a few common areas and a park in the development, but yes for the most part it will lack the "tree" look in most of cary / raliegh areas.

I have jordan building mine and while the house is starting to look really good, you really need to be standing on their heads watching them build it because they screw up the options you select. for whatever reason, they don't get that right and end up putting the wrong stuff in there. Now they're nice enough to fix it up and swap the options out for what you wanted, but it's a little annoying. If they can't swap it out, they'll compensate it with more options or $$$ reductions.

The layouts are nice and the building is built soundly. I did a check on the appliance models they offer and most are pretty good - the option price is a deal actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrilou View Post
does anyone who lives in Keystone have any feedback about the builders or community? I am considering buying a single family home there. I know about the Durham County address. I am concerned about the lack of green space in the neighborhood (small lots sizes, no parks/common areas).

Thanks in advance!!

Old 08-13-2008, 03:26 PM

271 posts, read 698,867 times
Make sure you consider the distance from RDU. Not sure if the Community is in the Flight Path or Not. Just Something to keep in the Back of your Mind

Old 08-13-2008, 07:07 PM

542 posts, read 1,520,568 times
I believe all the builders in Keystone are now Energy Star builders which is definitely a plus (and its a great location).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary