Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2017, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,082 times

Advertisements

Hi.

Our family is relocating to NC this summer. My kids and I will be in North Raleigh for schools and work and my husband is being stationed at Fort Bragg. We are trying to find a good place to call home for the next 2-4 yrs that we are in NC. Our kids will be attending private school in North Raleigh as I have a job offer in that same location. We are coming from a big city so traffic does not scare us at all as we currently commute 20 miles in 1 hour to 2 hours of traffic. We just want to find a middle ground for both of our commutes. We are considering buying a home but are very skittish as to where so that option might vanish due to our short stay and finding a neighborhood we like and then finding out the new highway might pass by it. We have been looking at rentals in Holly Springs, Fuquay Varina, Sandford and Apex. My husband is willing to take a longer drive if it means a better location for the rest of the family. Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 02:21 PM

97 posts, read 115,216 times
Fuquay will be pretty central for you. They have a nice downtown with some cute shops and restaurants. Affordable home prices too. And I hear they have a good school district, but I'll let someone with experience touch on that.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:48 PM

3,644 posts, read 4,494,397 times
Sanford is pretty central. 45 mins to dt Raleigh and 40 mins to dt Fay, I'd imagine it's similar to Bragg. Sanford is okay, it's a town of about 30k not much going on but it has your standard Americana chain restaurants and strip center stores. Sanford is very affordable and safe and quiet.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:49 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Fuquay is a good one, but you all might have easier commutes if you go with Willow Spring. I'd look at both.

Garner if your husband can drive a bit farther and you need an easier commute for you and the kids.

I was once married to an Army guy and we just lived in Raleigh and he dealt with the 1.25 hours of commute time. He could sometimes do it in under an hour, but he drove ridiculously fast and traffic here used to be lighter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary