Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 02:37 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,395 posts, read 13,411,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I can't resist.

I've been on a Ruckus kick lately. I feel like that place is underrated. Good beer, good pizza, and........sushi!??!?!
Ooooh that place looks right up my alley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 02:56 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,653,670 times
Sorry, not a NY'er so I probably have no real input, and I like all types of pizza equally, but for me, Pie Pushers, Pieology, Tony's, Randy's, Mellow Mushroom and a little place out my way, Pie Zano's.

And, BTW, Ruckus has awesome Nachos!

Old 04-01-2017, 04:03 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Ooooh that place looks right up my alley.
It's a challenge to finish 2 slices at Ruckus.

Also if you so desire, they have a pizza challenge 24 in. Pizza Challenge | Ruckus Pizza

Old 04-01-2017, 04:43 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,775,030 times
Been living at Johnny's in Cary since they opened. Seriously it's getting embarrassing.

Randy's in Northwoods shopping center is on my hit list. Unbelievably clueless staff working there. Find it hard to believe they are related to the other Randy's.

Old 04-01-2017, 04:56 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,580,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Been living at Johnny's in Cary since they opened. Seriously it's getting embarrassing.

Randy's in Northwoods shopping center is on my hit list. Unbelievably clueless staff working there. Find it hard to believe they are related to the other Randy's.
That always confused me, are the Randy's Pizzas around here related? They have different websites.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:19 PM

1,256 posts, read 1,182,924 times
I like Jet's Deep Dish. Still on the hunt for a good NY style pizza.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:14 PM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,353,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
That always confused me, are the Randy's Pizzas around here related? They have different websites.
No, they aren't. The Randy's in RTP off Miami Blvd is the best of the lot, and one of the best pizzas in the area IMO.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:24 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,775,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post

If they weren't, and you owned THE Randy's, wouldn't you shut down the others? Yes, they are all related. That doesn't mean you get the same food or service at each. While the pizza from the one in Northwoods was just fine, the service was a joke. On a Friday night, they had guy behind the counter who spent the entire time making boxes and frowning seriously over all the tickets in front of him. Not making food...but assuring everyone waiting that their food was almost ready.
So I watched. I ordered a sub, a pizza and a salad. Sub sat on top of the oven for over 30 minutes while I waited for my pizza, which means it took them 45 minutes to make the mofo pizza. And they got the salad wrong. And the wrong salad wasn't even a good salad. At 7 p.m., two guys came running in, donned aprons, and started making pizzas. Because 7 p.m. on a Friday is a good time to have your pizza makers come in.
Aside from that the only thing lacking in that shopping center is a pawn shop and check cashing place, so I'm pretty much over them after one trip.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:27 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,204,196 times
Randy's at Lake Boone Trail is very solid.

Pizzeria Toro in Durham is excellent.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:42 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,573,449 times
Anna's in Apex, Sergio's in Wakefield and any of the "A Slice of NY" locations are solid. All of them are owned and operated by people who brought their menu's with them from the NY/NJ area and all of them serve legit NY-styled pizza. And if you disagree, it's you, not them.

I also enjoy Randy's in RTP; it's not great pizza but they offer really creative options and great lunch deals. Their web special (16" one-topping pie and ten wings) is a staple in our weekly diet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary