Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 07:23 AM

401 posts, read 528,652 times

Advertisements

So no barking dog last night (Sunday) after Saturday night's situation. BUT - in another dog-owner-related incident.....

I got up to use the bathroom around 12am and happened to look out the window. At that exact moment, a dog-walker with a dog on a leash was approaching my car which is parked right outside and below my window. The dog jumps up on my car, the leash gets wrapped around my antenna and as the dog climbs around back in the opposite direction the antenna gets all bent like crazy until is snaps free and quivers as the dog and the owner continue on like nothing happened. I got out to inspect the damage - looking for scratches from claws and paw prints - but it was too dark when I left, but the antenna does appear to be bent. I just can't get away from the dog problems. I am a cat-owner and cat-person but give me a break. This is of course in addition to all of the (not everyone, I know) dog owners who refuse to clean up after their pets and leave nice reminders for everyone laying around.

Who knows if it was the same dog as last night. Sometimes it seems like I am the only person who lives here who does not have a dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 07:28 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,272,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
said by someone who wasn't kept up all night
It's one night give the owner a break. If you need complete quiet 100% of the time, then maybe living in an apartment isn't the best idea.

Old 04-03-2017, 07:32 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
In our apartment community, the pet agreement will be cancelled if the animal causes trouble.

If your lease says the same, ask the landlord to take action. Ours will have the security officer verify the problem, and action will be swift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I say give the owner a break unless it happens again. Maybe the owner had an emergency or something.

One incident isn't worthy of making a big deal over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
said by someone who wasn't kept up all night
I almost responded earlier. I've seen similar discussions in our neighborhood (Nextdoor.com).

People are quick to react to someone they've never met, but no-matter how bad it was, we need to remember there are REAL people (and dogs) involved here. To purposely get someone evicted because of a single incident is very harsh, IMO. There may have been circumstances, you just don't know. If it hasn't been an ongoing problem, I'd wait before jumping to conclusions. As bad as it sucks to be kept up all night, it pails in comparison to getting evicted.

Even if it doesn't happen again, I'd suggest talking to your neighbor(s). All of them. Most things can be resolved with communication, rather than anonymous complaints. Complaints may fix the sympton, but rarely cure the problem. By getting to know your neighbors up front, you've already helped to resolve future problems by building a little bit of "neighbor capital". Spend it wisely.

Regarding the dog that jumped on your car: I'd have a person evicted in a heartbeat over that. That is property damage, and if they did not leave you a note, they deserve what they get. (Barking dog: not so much.)

Old 04-03-2017, 09:53 AM

683 posts, read 1,884,764 times
It sounds like it was very unusual for the dog to be barking like that. I would have been concerned that something happened to the owner and the dog was trying to alert someone. Not sure what exactly I would have done, but I think I would have notified someone of the situation in case there was an emergency situation.

Old 04-03-2017, 02:23 PM

242 posts, read 796,177 times
Quote:
I say give the owner a break unless it happens again. Maybe the owner had an emergency or something.

I seriously doubt that someone is going to jump on this site to complain about a one and only time event.
This is probably a repeat offender.

Old 04-04-2017, 02:26 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,481,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsnc View Post
I seriously doubt that someone is going to jump on this site to complain about a one and only time event.
This is probably a repeat offender.
Our management must verify the issue with a security report. If not available, a warning letter will be sent asking for cooperation.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:52 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,129,737 times
Quote:

Completely agree with this.

I think you should move.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:24 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanJ44 View Post
Last night, starting at 8:00pm and lasting until 2am - for six continuous hours (and I mean literally NON-STOP) someone's dog at my apartment complex was barking like it was the end of the world. This wasn't the usual, every 30 seconds you hear a bark type thing. This was out of control, rapid succession, less than one second for this poor angry or frightened dog to inhale and just start up again, mind-bogglingly loud - barking. Over and over and over with no stopping. It must have been on a balcony on the top floor because it was like it was coming from every direction and after about 2 hours of listening to this, people started to come out and look for where the dog was. After 3 hours, people started screaming to shut the dog up (and other things). It kept me awake all night and I literally got no sleep and had to come to work at the crack of dawn this morning in a zombie state feeling like crap.

What are you supposed to do in a situation like this? I don't know if they were home and inside watching the game or what, but I assumed that they were not home. It was 6 hours of torture as I tried to hide under my pillow. I was sure that after a couple of hours, the dog was going to either be so exhausted or lost it's voice.

People are unbelievable.
If this was a one-time occurrence, I would be worried that something had happened in that apartment and that the dog was calling for help. I would call the police.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:40 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanJ44 View Post
It kept me awake all night and I literally got no sleep and had to come to work at the crack of dawn this morning in a zombie state feeling like crap.

What are you supposed to do in a situation like this? e.
Buy some ear plugs LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: