Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 10:05 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,307,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
It's not explicitly stated but it sounds as though the adjacent property is zoned Agricultural, got that from the statement that there is no limit to the number of farm animals allowed on the property, so they really don't have a leg to stand on.

They moved in then later somebody bought the parcel and is using it for its zoned purpose. The people could have started a hog farm or be raising cattle the way it sounds. Or what they are doing, raising chickens.

For those of you suggesting that accidently turning a dog loose in the chickens would solve the problem need to look at your checkbook. In most states a dog's owner is responsible for the damage done to livestock by their pet to include actual damages as well as loss of income if the livestock is being sold or otherwise producing a cash product (for example, eggs). You might also lose the dog to projectile based lead poisoning, which is also typically a legal response
My, but you do take internet banter quite seriously, don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 10:08 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,207,078 times
Another, older article with more info. Over 100 roosters, and they're renters to boot.

Roosters create noise problem in Wake County neighborhood | News & Observer

Here's the zoning of the property - maybe someone with more knowledge can decipher:

Land Class R-<10-HS
ETJ WC
Spec Dist(s)
Zoning R-40W

http://www.wakegov.com/planning/zoni...icts.aspx#r40w

Old 04-20-2017, 10:26 AM

8,158 posts, read 10,875,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Another, older article with more info. Over 100 roosters, and they're renters to boot.

Here's the zoning of the property - maybe someone with more knowledge can decipher:

Land Class R-<10-HS
ETJ WC
Spec Dist(s)
Zoning R-40W

Zoning Districts

Oh yeah A picture is worth a thousand words.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:41 AM

44,990 posts, read 59,979,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
My, but you do take internet banter quite seriously, don't you?
Maybe. But then there are people who would take the suggestion seriously.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:32 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,547,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
For those of you suggesting that accidently turning a dog loose in the chickens would solve the problem need to look at your checkbook. In most states a dog's owner is responsible for the damage done to livestock by their pet to include actual damages as well as loss of income if the livestock is being sold or otherwise producing a cash product (for example, eggs). You might also lose the dog to projectile based lead poisoning, which is also typically a legal response.
Right. And aside from the cruelty to animals that aren't intentionally trying to torture their neighbors, your dog will be deemed a dangerous dog and quarantined or put down, most likely.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:51 AM

555 posts, read 496,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Right. And aside from the cruelty to animals that aren't intentionally trying to torture their neighbors, your dog will be deemed a dangerous dog and quarantined or put down, most likely.
I live in a non-HOA neighborhood (which proved quite popular when I recently put my home up for sale, BTW), and by FAR our biggest issue in our neighborhood has been roaming dogs who come from outside our neighborhood. By. Far. It's a little funny that such a thing would be suggested in this thread. We've had a couple of aggressive dogs, a couple that clearly look neglected and were probably abandoned, and nearly all of them have tormented my dogs, who are contained in a fence. Same for my neighbors' dogs, who are also contained in fences. Animal control is of little help in the moment when a strange dog is passing through. On the other hand, if someone's dog in the neighborhood gets out on accident, we are all out there on the hunt helping get it back home safely. No HOA can make that happen either. That's just good people and good neighbors and we've been so fortunate to have that.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:19 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,535,390 times
Quote:

Land Class R-<10-HS
ETJ WC
Spec Dist(s)
Zoning R-40W

Zoning Districts

R40-W is pretty lenient zoning. There is a lot that you can do. Most of the restrictions are for population density and water run-off for the watershed.

Old 04-23-2017, 06:38 PM

216 posts, read 537,451 times
I'm pro HOA - my HOA defeated plans of a rock quarry going in across the highway from I live. The water/air/sound pollution would have demolished my property value. They pooled funds together from our modest dues to hire lawyers and experts to save our quality of life and properties. The other property owners outside of our HOA in our county benefited greatly from the fight our HOA gave.

Old 04-24-2017, 08:07 AM

3,423 posts, read 4,420,800 times
Quote:
Yeah I agree. I think it's likely just a last ditch effort to get people on their side. I'm sure it's an incredibly frustrating situation to be in. It's unfortunate that some people don't respect their own neighbors.
Yeah and those showing no respect tend to sit on HOA boards....

Old 04-24-2017, 10:30 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,374,389 times
Quote:
I saw someone mention the fact that they're renters in the WRAL (or other news) comment section too. I'm perplexed as to what this has to do with the situation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary