Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2008, 01:33 PM

473 posts, read 1,737,229 times

Advertisements

We are looking for a good amount to be done but not even sure where this will be on the price scale. We also need a professional to help us pick one that is good for this area.. drought tolerant trees are a good start.

My husband wants the instant tree.. nice mature and ready to go. I am trying to let him know we aren't gonna afford that. Its gonna cost a lot. I rather use the money for some other stuff in the yard than just a more mature tree.

But anyway.. i am not a tree expert and I need some help.. any advice on trees overall and if ya'll think we should just do it ourselves and get trees from a nursery.

Thanks

Linda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 05:21 PM

250 posts, read 1,245,919 times
Broadwell's Nursey in Angier is a great place to get large size trees and mature shrubs at VERY wholesale prices. Do a websearch on Broadwell's to quite further information. My husband and I went there last fall to check it out and the prices are truly phenomenal. This is not a retail environment, though, and they do not do deliver, but if you are willing to do the heavy lifting and transporting, it is quite the steal. They are located at 7110 Old Stage Rd N, Angier. There is also another wholesale establishment just north and across the street from Broadwells that also has great prices.

If you are in Willow Spring, it's not too far away from you! Hope this helps.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:19 PM

30 posts, read 107,793 times
We have used Gress Inc. Landscaping - they've done a great job - Michael Gress -919- 427-2699

Old 03-08-2008, 07:07 AM

892 posts, read 3,161,422 times
Broadwells if you know exactly what you want (there are no tags) and can tote it home and plant it yourself.

If you want someone to choose, deliver and plant your new trees, Tree Service Raleigh | Tree Installation | Tree Removal | Tree Nursery | North Carolina NC

Old 03-08-2008, 07:49 AM
bta

284 posts, read 1,885,423 times
Carolina Outdoor Care (919-847-1975) just planted the following trees for us:

2x Zelkova (2.5" caliper)
2x Nellie Stevens Holly (6 ft)
1x Magnolia Little Gem (8 ft)

We've used them for a few projects over the past year and have been happy with them. They are not a nursery, so there will be some markup by going with them. But since we weren't up to planting trees that big ourselves, we felt their pricing was fair.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:38 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,466 times
try Tree Service Raleigh | Tree Installation | Tree Removal | Tree Nursery | North Carolina NC

my brother was very satisfied with their work. Probably not the cheapest, but trees are all they do, and there's a 1 year guarantee (pretty important if the drought continues).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary