Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 05:22 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
We've been searching. Any recommendations?
Not in Raleigh, but...
a small builder just broke ground for two 1400sf single story homes very near here (in Winston city limits).

I'd be surprised that smaller and infill projects like that aren't happening there as well.
Of course the home will cost twice as much in Raleigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 05:41 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
Here's another one: Apex

https://www.tollbrothers.com/luxury-...hite-Oak-Creek

But THREE bedrooms AND a study in a one story floor plan is going to be tough. I live in a Regency community and there are a few that were built that way as an option. Really small bedrooms.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:26 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
You can search on Realtor.com for one level or single story homes and you can set the age of the home you're interested in, too. A search on single story homes under 10 yrs old yields 17 results. Looks like Stanley Martin is building new single story homes by the Raleigh Racquet Club near North Hills. They are advertising an open house today.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
You can search on Realtor.com for one level or single story homes and you can set the age of the home you're interested in, too. A search on single story homes under 10 yrs old yields 17 results. Looks like Stanley Martin is building new single story homes by the Raleigh Racquet Club near North Hills. They are advertising an open house today.
If you extend the search to include neighboring cities (Durham, Fuqua, wake forest, Apex), the numbers go up considerably.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:53 AM

174 posts, read 194,068 times
We have been living in a ranch-ish mid level Pulte (a fully let-out 4br, 3 b Abbeville model). Quality was acceptable, and the minor issues we had (mostly paint and trim)were handled promptly by their Warranty office. Pulte has different levels of development, but I expect construction qualty will be pretty even. (Note: I bought some shares in the company after getting the house.)

Old 04-30-2017, 10:07 AM

2,023 posts, read 3,237,998 times
I saw a sign for this neighborhood while driving down High House Rd. in Cary the other day. There are four different ranch plans offered in this community. This location can not be beat. You can walk to restaurants and grocery stores from there.

https://www.pulte.com/homes/north-ca...irfield-209832

Old 04-30-2017, 10:13 AM

1,322 posts, read 1,255,417 times
There's a new neighborhood coming near the intersection of Barbee and Herndon in Durham and the sign says single level/ranch style (can't remember). Not sure if it 55+

I hope they have to do some improvements to the Barbee/Herndon intersection.

Old 04-30-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
I saw a sign for this neighborhood while driving down High House Rd. in Cary the other day. There are four different ranch plans offered in this community. This location can not be beat. You can walk to restaurants and grocery stores from there.

https://www.pulte.com/homes/north-ca...irfield-209832
Yikes, those prices. Starting at $517, 900 for 2/2. Add the extra bedrooms and the typical 15-20% for new construction upgrades and it's a shocker!

Old 04-30-2017, 10:27 AM

2,023 posts, read 3,237,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Yikes, those prices. Starting at $517, 900 for 2/2. Add the extra bedrooms and the typical 15-20% for new construction upgrades and it's a shocker!
I agree. The homes are expensive--just like all other new construction in Cary. This floor plan would work for the OP but he/she would have to up their budget.

https://www.pulte.com/homes/north-ca...ma-cove-687276

Old 04-30-2017, 11:09 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,004,259 times
We looked at the Toll Brothers at White Oak. Liked them but are concerned about the new Green Level High School being essentially across the street. Also their starting price was high $4's but that doesn't include the lot premiums which are anywhere from $15-80k! Or any upgrades. The models are beautiful as the are built but every single one has the optional extended family rooms etc. So they are large and airy but take that 5-6' off the back end of the house and I feel they would become quite cramped. That said they are still on the list. Pulse is building right down the road Greenmoor. No models yet. The sales absent said the models were available to look at in a 55+ community in Durham. We went there but actually knelt one of the models was there. We weren't overly impressed. I'm going to look at these other areas tall have listed. We also went to look at Pritchett Farms as they advertised a single story but once there it's just a master down. But the home was cute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary