Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer to buy your first home from?
True Homes 0 0%
Homes by Dickerson 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 08:05 AM

4 posts, read 4,256 times

Advertisements

Before we dive in and purchase our first home, i would like to ask and get feedback/experience of current home owners who bought their house(s) from True Homes or Homes By Dickerson. Also, how's the quality of the soil in Wendell, NC? Any advise, feedback si greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 09:00 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
get a Realtor to help you, and represent you, as your Buyer's Agent. I voted for HBD by the way. The clients we've had that bought their homes have been happy.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:46 AM

326 posts, read 384,582 times
The first HBD home I walked into was in Barton's Grove (off Peed Rd. in N. Raleigh) and I was blown away--it was really nice! Of course, it was also $700K+ so it better be nice. I've since walked into other, less expensive homes that HBD built and they, too, seem to be pretty nice. In the lower price points (still talking 400s and 500s) I think they have a good balance of giving you bang for your buck while saving money in other areas (e.g. using kit tub/showers in secondary bathrooms instead of full tiling). That assessment does not speak to any structural differences there may have been in the less expensive homes as I didn't go into the attic or crawl to examine joist spacing and what not (not that I'm expert enough to really know what I'm looking at anyway).

I've never heard of True Homes before so I can't comment on them and, therefore, didn't vote in your poll. I just thought I'd voice a favorable opinion of what I've seen by HBD (with the caveat that I do not own an HBD home so I also can't speak to long-term quality or their responsiveness to initial warranty repairs, etc.).

Old 05-17-2017, 08:16 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,813,458 times
I'm inclined to suggest that Homes By Dickerson builds a higher quality product than True Home and has a long history of doing so in our market.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:10 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
I'm inclined to suggest that Homes By Dickerson builds a higher quality product than True Home and has a long history of doing so in our market.
I'll agree 100% with this Funky Chicken!

Old 05-25-2017, 11:39 AM

4 posts, read 4,256 times
Thank you all so much for his very informative feedback..i did some research as well and it seem to me that HBD clearly took the upper hand as far as quality and bang for your money. Thank you so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary