Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 08:28 PM

73 posts, read 397,398 times

Advertisements

anyways, i will give a full review this week, we just got home to boston (UGHH) yesterday around midnight and had to go to my wife's family's house in New Hampshire today for Easter...

we showed them our 273 pictures we took on our week long expedition of Raleigh and surrounding areas... they were amazed.

so i promise ill update this for those struggling to see what the area is like... listen to A LOT of what NCHomeFinder has to say... she is a wealth of knowledge and a great person, let alone realtor !!!

see you soon

Bear
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 01:23 PM

47 posts, read 244,702 times
Just read this entire string - wow - but yes very helpful. But it ended... Not sure if there's another string you started. If yes, please send me that URL.

Would love to know what What happened? Did you move to NC? What towns did you finalize on?

Fellow MA moving South ....

Old 05-09-2007, 02:19 PM

5 posts, read 12,433 times
You can get a lot of info on the Raleigh market go to No Realtor ads permitted. - Moderator -has links to schools etc.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:22 AM

19 posts, read 58,959 times
Thank you for all of your postings about moving to NC. My husband and I are also a young couple looking on moving to the Garner area from Northern Maine. Any thoughts about Garner or surrounding area?

Old 06-01-2007, 12:36 PM

850 posts, read 3,625,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bull136 View Post
HOW DO YOU LIKE CLAYTON WE ARE COMING THERE IN A MONTH AND MY WIFE WANTS LAND AND FOR OUR PRICE AROUND 225 YOU CAN'T REALLY GET THAT IN CARY OR APEX OR HOLLY SPRINGS WITHOUT GETTING A SMALLER OR OLDER HOUSE THAT NEEDS WORK.PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR LIKES AND DISLIKES. SHE WORKS IN CHILD CARE I BUY AND RENT CONDOS AND APT.
Hey Bull,
We love it here. Prices have risen since we purchased our home. 2100sf, 3bdrm, 2.5 bath, 2 car garage (which means a big bonus room) on .66 of an acre for $194k. The same house plan is now selling for somewhere around $210k. There are some bigger lots here as well.

When we first came here we were thinking Cary too and you CAN get whatever you want there as far as stores go but we wanted a bigger lot and house than we were seeing in our price range there. Depends on what will make YOU happy. I don't mind the extra driving to get here.

Lauren

Old 06-01-2007, 06:18 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,061,351 times
Bear 717:
Do you mind sharing some of the pictures on the forum? It would be greatly appreciated!

Old 06-01-2007, 07:27 PM

3 posts, read 10,807 times
we also wanna move from Mass to Cary. I'm a nail tech and my husband is a carpenter. do you think we can find jobs easy there? what is the best area in Cary ? where to look for good school ? please help !!!

Old 06-03-2007, 02:19 PM

233 posts, read 860,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear717 View Post
okay so im way way confused... Cary is a little metropolis of its own? youve got to equivocate it for us up here in Massachusetts, you lost me at beige...or cary....
Cary town leaders have their own vision and it has its own "look" (I can't think of a better word)... they like everything beige and bland, no neon signs, no bright advertising lights, McDonalds is beige! There was a diner there at one time and they made the owner take the twinkle lights out of her bushes and landscaping...she fought the town council on it for a while and accumulated the fines, but I think she finally gave up and sold the place. (for anyone that remembers, it used to be Gypsys Shiny Diner.. I don't recall exactly where it was).

Old 06-03-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresak View Post
Just read this entire string - wow - but yes very helpful. But it ended... Not sure if there's another string you started. If yes, please send me that URL.

Would love to know what What happened? Did you move to NC? What towns did you finalize on?

Fellow MA moving South ....
hi everybody,

sorry for the slow in things... i have been *beyond* busy at my current job up here in Mass. I literally have been straight out from mid April (when we got back) to the end of May, I have had limited time to even come to this forum to read.

but on the encouraging side, i've started my job search and i came here tonight to find this exact thread to find some of the wonderful resources everyone in the forum has posted to it, and to my surprise, this thread was topped to the 2nd one on the page!!! (i think someone really, really wants me to rellocate to NC) :wink

yes we are moving to NC bar-none at the latest in the end of September. maybe even sooner if I land a job. It all hinges on me finding a job, since my wife plans to work for a year and then stay home so we can start a family. so we don't have to worry too much about her job, its just mine i have to find.... any good exective search firms anybody want to recommend?

we went and met up with rebekah moorehead, NCHomefinder on this board. she is awesome. she is great and that is who we will be working with. we saw all the towns down there - she literally took us everywhere.

our tentative plan is to move to a condo/apt and rent for a few months while get acclimated to our new jobs... and can do some final research on the exact neighborhood/house we want to move into. we dont want to move straight into a floodzone or something crazy just right away....until we can get back down there and see some more.

out of all the towns we saw, we liked clayton the best. if i work in RTP, it will be about an hour drive each way, maybe 45 min if im lucky, we did the drive in rush hour while we were there. clayton just has so much to offer for us. we want a quiet little town, near raleigh/cary, but not right in the heart of things. we were looking at older neighborhoods for more acres and not house on house. holly springs , wake forest and parts of garner are really nice too. it all depends on your preferences.

if you want to have the convenience of everything, move to durham, n raleigh, raleigh, or cary. if you want a nice house closer to these things move to wake forest, holly springs or apex. if you want the most land and house for the buck and dont mind driving, move to clayton, garner, fuquay-varina, willow springs. even though youre not in the "center" of raleigh or cary, etc. they still have shopping centers and some major stores nearby within 15 minutes.

so since we want to start a family, i want my wife to feel safe in the neighborhood we choose. our first choice is clayton or holly springs. then maybe parts of garner or wake forest.

we wanted to check out knighdale and wendell but didnt have enough time. but let me post some photos we took while in clayton and surrounding areas.

btw, if anybody is looking for a senior level marketing manager (or related occupation), let me know!! i'd love to work for a private tech company down there, if anyone has any leads, shoot me a PM. ive been running the show at our company in MA (acting as the VP) for 3 years so i have plenty of managment abilities as well.. or if you know of any great executive search firms PM me i am right in the midst of finally being able to start my job search!! and very excited!

hope that helped some !

thanks,
bear!

Old 06-03-2007, 03:45 PM

house we saw in clayton for $204,000 ... additional bedroom pics did not come out great, but is 3 bedroom + bonus room, 2 full baths upstairs, 1/2 bath downstairs, around 2000 sq feet, 2 car garage, almost .4 acres.

outside:

INSIDE:

looking out front upper window on balcony

looking down from balcony at entrance

kitchen

family roon off kitchen w fireplace

downstairs dining room

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/3357/14qf5.jpg (broken link)

1/2 bath downstairs

up the stairs to bedrooms

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5918/15zk0.jpg (broken link)

bedroom 1

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/7264/17po0.jpg (broken link)

bedroom 2

bonus room upstairs

2nd full bath upstairs

master bedroom (bad shot)

master bath

hope this helps!!

absolutely gorgeous for what we are looking for, again shots dont refelect all beauty of house, we just took ones without us in them so you could see it. can't wait to get down there, again i hasten you to use rebekah moorehead, she is the greatest realtor we ever met (NCHomefinder on this board) talk to you soon, hope that helped some

Bear
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary