Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 07:30 AM

385 posts, read 348,167 times

Advertisements

I agree it looks bad for the short term. Again, lack of freeway visibility is a big issue. CTC is in a solid neighborhood but is is not the old money of North Hills or the new money of West Cary. The food court did stay busy. That might say something to developers. There is always a demand for food. A Chic fil a would draw a few thousand cars a day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 08:24 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,063,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearcrasher View Post
I agree it looks bad for the short term. Again, lack of freeway visibility is a big issue. CTC is in a solid neighborhood but is is not the old money of North Hills or the new money of West Cary. The food court did stay busy. That might say something to developers. There is always a demand for food. A Chic fil a would draw a few thousand cars a day!
A McDonalds facing the senior complex would fill up in the morning with coffee clubs, and an occasional Egg McMuffin sale.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:09 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
For creation of a diverse, Live, Work, Play mixed-use community, I actually think the Senior housing could be considered a plus, and particularly if a developer embraced and integrated that complex in a final plan.
I didn’t necessarily mean that there was Senior Housing, more the size, look, and specific location. It just limits some things they could do right at one of the main entrances.

Old 06-19-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
I didn’t necessarily mean that there was Senior Housing, more the size, look, and specific location. It just limits some things they could do right at one of the main entrances.
Yeah. That entrance could present better
But, that north side will be the hardest to develop, and is the lowest in elevation, too.
I would expect a significant reconfiguration of the access points from Cary Towne Blvd.

Visibility and access to and from Maynard and Walnut would be huge selling features.

The potential of the CTC site, at 87 acres, including the 11.33 acre Dillard property, really blows away the Fenton 92 acre site in many respects. If only it can be pried from CBL at a reasonable cost by someone with vision and a credit facility.

Old 06-19-2018, 03:58 PM

2,503 posts, read 3,538,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
If only it can be pried from CBL at a reasonable cost by someone with vision and a credit facility.
That's the upside here: at least CBL is admitting defeat early on. This way, there could be a new owner within months, instead of waiting for another two years -- by which point another recession could have frozen markets for another few years. (My own worst nightmare would be that scenario, plus having it caught up in a messy corporate bankruptcy.)

A discounted price makes it possible for a local or regional developer to purchase the site. Kane is terrific, but knowing how much he loves North Hills, I doubt he'd want to build a crosstown competitor.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paytonc View Post
That's the upside here: at least CBL is admitting defeat early on. This way, there could be a new owner within months, instead of waiting for another two years -- by which point another recession could have frozen markets for another few years. (My own worst nightmare would be that scenario, plus having it caught up in a messy corporate bankruptcy.)

A discounted price makes it possible for a local or regional developer to purchase the site. Kane is terrific, but knowing how much he loves North Hills, I doubt he'd want to build a crosstown competitor.
I wonder how much the two really would directly compete...
The residential aspects could be the driving force for a CTC redevelopment.
I suspect that Cary could generate adequate demand to fill a modern mixed-use site in a supremely good in-town location.

I only go to N Hills to meet people in/from Raleigh.
They could return the favor.
And increasing density probably means people will be less likely to live farther from employment and family.

Old 06-27-2018, 02:33 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,541,086 times
At Cary Mall this weekend:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...tarheel-496809

Check out some videos of the previous events for an idea what this event will be all about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU7HP-RJkH8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMIxM0I3GfI

Old 06-27-2018, 02:53 PM

4,303 posts, read 5,986,229 times
Quote:
Other than financing an end to cancer, the best part of this weekend adventure is that Cary Towne Centre has given us access to the largest portion of their parking lot “””EVER””.
Because no one else is using the lot...

Old 06-27-2018, 08:49 PM

164 posts, read 143,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
I'll try to check it out. The only time that I tried autocross was 20+ years ago in a 1966 Dodge Coronet that I mostly used for drag racing.

Old 06-30-2018, 09:19 AM

32 posts, read 51,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orulz View Post
It seems you are suggesting to downzone CTC for single family housing. I disagree.

I agree that Cary needs more housing, but not just that, it needs more density too. And this is one of the best places in the entire Town to achieve that.
This right here. Exactly.

People keep talking about Residential. This isn't a residential place people. To grow you need more and more commercial. Obviously you don't want to overcrowd, but putting a neighborhood, or a park there is stupid and it would never happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary