Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 01:05 PM

420 posts, read 452,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
I LOVE my lady in Fuquay - Deb at Rees European Salon. I warn you - the salon is not fancy - but Deb is fantastic. She's British and I ALWAYS get compliments on my color. My greys are right around the front of my face and my hair is fairly dark brown so they are SOO noticable but she zaps them away!!
Thanks DJKB! Love that she is in Fuquay. And I have gone to fancy salons but they are not my preference at all. In my situation, I will go wherever the best person for me is😊
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 04:44 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,274,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Love View Post
Yes, this is the best way for me as well. I just do my roots, highlights, lowlights and toning sometimes as my dark ash brown hair tends to eventually become brassy no matter what is done to it! I would love to go towards the auburn/reds but it looks awful against my lighter yellow/olive complexion!

Thanks for your response greenie.

My natural color was carrot orange so brassy isn't a problem

I think colorists sometimes don't want to give me what I want, or don't know how. I show them a photo of me in my younger years, with bright orange hair, and it never comes out that way. I don't get too upset, it's just hair, but it would be nice to find a good colorist.

I'd like to hear back if you find anyone you like.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenie72 View Post
My natural color was carrot orange so brassy isn't a problem

I think colorists sometimes don't want to give me what I want, or don't know how. I show them a photo of me in my younger years, with bright orange hair, and it never comes out that way. I don't get too upset, it's just hair, but it would be nice to find a good colorist.

I'd like to hear back if you find anyone you like.
I will definitely update you if I find anyone.
It's a tricky thing and requires experience. The mixtures have to be tailored to each individual's type of hair.
In the defense of those who do it for a living, they can never know how someone's hair will react either.
Not so easy.

And the search is on!

Old 07-02-2018, 05:07 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,448,503 times
Anyone have an update for this thread? I have dark brown hair, and my grays won't hold color. The closer to Downtown Raleigh the better.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
Anyone have an update for this thread? I have dark brown hair, and my grays won't hold color. The closer to Downtown Raleigh the better.
roscomac, I ended up finding someone who was fairly good. He was better at keeping my hair browner (vs brassy toned); however, as far as color lasting, the most I get is 10 days without roots appearing. I wear it pulled back quite a bit, so that helps (no part) but it’s so damn frustrating. Feels like such a waste of money.
The other frustrating thing about this young man is he only works thurs, fr, sat...
It’s a small (not fancy) salon in Five Points.
PM me if you want his info.

Old 07-03-2018, 01:06 AM

142 posts, read 223,635 times
Are you sure it’s the stylist, and not the color itself? I’ve had some great stylists since moving here, but my hair won’t hold Goldwell or Aveda color and I’d also end up with grays showing again within days. I’m at a salon now that uses Joico color, and my hair holds on to this product well.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:59 AM

My problem is not with roots. I can't get my gray hairs to stay colored. The color does not stick.

Old 07-03-2018, 08:22 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,166,401 times
Or you could embrace the fact that life happens and people age and hair goes gray, and not cater to your husband's insecurities. :-)

Old 07-03-2018, 08:35 AM

61 posts, read 51,373 times
It has very little to do with the stylist.

Call your current person and ask her what brand of dye, and how long she let it develop for you.

Then find a salon that uses the same brand of dye. Most high end salons use the same few brands of dye (Pravana, Redken, etc)

And then make sure you are using a sulfate free shampoo and not-too-hot water for washing your hair.

There are also cosmetic products that you can use to touch up your roots along your face and hairline between visits.
https://www.madison-reed.com/shop/root-touch-up

Old 07-03-2018, 08:54 AM

I hear you and I understand. But she has done it twice, and my gray hairs (not regrowth) are all gray again. (These are the only two times I have colored the gray.) I don't want to keep paying and have the hairs not stay colored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary