Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 02:50 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,543,382 times

Advertisements

http://www.townofcary.org/home/showdocument?id=17315

http://www.townofcary.org/home/showdocument?id=17169

I recall the area is already sorta zoned for retail, so I suspect little NIMBY effects.

Staff Report for Town Council Meeting Date: July 13, 2017

REDUS Twin Lakes, LLC requests Town council consideration of a sketch plan for a retail development on Davis Drive at Airport Boulevard. The plan includes a total floor area of 158,300 square feet in four buildings, one of which includes a drive through. Recommendation: Staff recommends that Town council hold an evidentiary hearing and take action on the proposed sketch development plan.

What's a Wegman's?
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura..._New_York.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 02:51 PM

1,521 posts, read 2,765,149 times
This NIMBY stuff is so old. NIMBY alert in the subject, for real?

Glad there's a Wegman's coming

Old 06-30-2017, 02:57 PM

4,304 posts, read 5,988,329 times
Correct, no rezoning is required. The sketch plan will allow them to receive any feedback before proceeding to the full-blown site plan.

Old 06-30-2017, 03:57 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,583,555 times
I grew up next to a Wegmans (like it was probably 300 feet from my house). It wasn't the end of the world. They are a great employer. The new stores are a lot different than the older ones much swankier.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:22 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,762,210 times
If anyone opposes this, they are stupid. Their property values will go up drastically as soon as it opens.

Old 07-01-2017, 03:06 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,481,066 times
Maybe Cary residents are seeing what they did to their town and trying to save what is left from overdevelopment.

Old 07-01-2017, 06:57 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
Maybe Cary residents are seeing what they did to their town
Made it the best place in the Triangle to live? Yeah, who would want that.

I was a Cary-critic too, until I (reluctantly) moved here. Now I love it. (No HOA for me, live in a quiet neighborhood and can walk to Costco, Food Lion and many chain and non-chain restaurants. Bikeable via greenway to Raleigh and Durham, and short commute to anywhere in the triangle.)

My only complaint is the construction on my house: It is so solid that when I had some work done, the contractor had work extra-hard on demolition. True story.

I approve Wegmans for the reasons Rory gave. Doubt I'll go there more than a couple times per year....

Old 07-01-2017, 07:28 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,726,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Made it the best place in the Triangle to live? Yeah, who would want that
CapitalBlvd is just angry because all he sees is the crappy tinderboxes and traffic around Triangle Town Center mall. So he projects that negative as everything around him.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:05 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,762,210 times
Had time to check the documents. Guess they couldn't get the piece on the corner of Davis and Aviation. Probably will end up being a gas station. Not ideal, but we all need gas.

Also, this is a quasi-judicial hearing so NIMBY and other whining will not be a factor. Just facts, under sworn testimony are allowed.

Good to see it moving forward.

Old 07-01-2017, 09:40 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,993,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Made it the best place in the Triangle to live? Yeah, who would want that.

I was a Cary-critic too, until I (reluctantly) moved here. Now I love it. (No HOA for me, live in a quiet neighborhood and can walk to Costco, Food Lion and many chain and non-chain restaurants. Bikeable via greenway to Raleigh and Durham, and short commute to anywhere in the triangle.)

My only complaint is the construction on my house: It is so solid that when I had some work done, the contractor had work extra-hard on demolition. True story.

I approve Wegmans for the reasons Rory gave. Doubt I'll go there more than a couple times per year....

This.

I think the kind of people that like living in Cary are the same ones that like having a Wegman's next door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary