Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 08:58 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucyAussie View Post
Hard to get in and out of those stores, especially at busy times with 540 exiting there.
The only tough turn is left onto Green Level West. In high traffic times just hit the light on 55 at the other end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2017, 09:20 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,991,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
The only tough turn is left onto Green Level West. In high traffic times just hit the light on 55 at the other end.

No, I mean coming from and to HH. I know they are upgrading the intersection, hopefully that helps.

Old 07-13-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
No, I mean coming from and to HH. I know they are upgrading the intersection, hopefully that helps.
What's difficult about it? Coming from High House you have a dedicated left into the plaza off Green Level West, or you can take a left on 55 and use one of the three(?) entrances on the right.

Coming out, either take a left at the light onto 55 then HH, or take a right on Green Level West and cross over to HH.

Old 07-13-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
What's difficult about it? Coming from High House you have a dedicated left into the plaza off Green Level West, or you can take a left on 55 and use one of the three(?) entrances on the right.

Coming out, either take a left at the light onto 55 then HH, or take a right on Green Level West and cross over to HH.

You're right. That whole intersection is awesome. They should just cancel all the improvements right now.

Old 07-13-2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
You're right. That whole intersection is awesome. They should just cancel all the improvements right now.
Sorry you lost me. You were saying it's hard getting in and out of High House Crossing, and I disagree.

Yes the 55/GLW/High House intersection can get busy during rush hour, but they're making improvements.

We're so spoiled here.

Old 07-13-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Sorry you lost me. You were saying it's hard getting in and out of High House Crossing, and I disagree.

Yes the 55/GLW/High House intersection can get busy during rush hour, but they're making improvements.

We're so spoiled here.

To get to the HT from High House, I need to cross the 55 intersection. Sometimes takes 2-3 cycles and they are long cycles. In that time I can go to 7 different grocery stores by driving in the opposite direction.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:02 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,541,086 times
The traffic mess for entrance/exit at that whole corner was the downfall for the Kroger that was there.
This was way before Kroger bought H-T.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:39 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
To get to the HT from High House, I need to cross the 55 intersection. Sometimes takes 2-3 cycles and they are long cycles. In that time I can go to 7 different grocery stores by driving in the opposite direction.
This pretty much explains why we have what people call grocery store saturation here. I'm not crossing 55 to go to that HT when I have one on this side of 55 (although a lot of people from my 'hood and neighboring ones who've been going there for 20 years never made the switch). It's also why I don't go to Publix that often. I don't feel like crossing Davis Drive.

Supermarket placement takes these feelings into consideration.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:50 PM

I know it's all about what you're used to, but it's crazy to hear people complain about having to wait at a light for 5 minutes to get to one of four supermarkets that are probably within a few miles of their house. God forbid you have to cross Davis Drive or 55 and wait for more than one light cycle

I'm not saying it's wrong, but it makes me really really really glad that I moved here.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:55 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
I know it's all about what you're used to, but it's crazy to hear people complain about having to wait at a light for 5 minutes to get to one of four supermarkets that are probably within a few miles of their house. God forbid you have to cross Davis Drive or 55 and wait for more than one light cycle

I'm not saying it's wrong, but it makes me really really really glad that I moved here.
Yes, it took the recent trip back to NY to set my mind straight again. But I wasn't specifically referencing this area - there's a method to supermarket placement madness (I guess true for any store). But even so I'm driving past HT to get to Publix.

Traffic in NY was UN.REAL. Seriously mind boggling. Was it ever that bad when I lived there? Don't even want to think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary