Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 04:37 PM

1,527 posts, read 1,481,207 times

Advertisements

Now, I looked at Amazon's sales of Leesa.

They are not as specific as Leesa regarding returns.

If OP bought through Amazon, there may be a difference in the service provided.

OP, who sold the mattress to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 05:01 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,336,102 times
I just want to chime in here that about 7 years ago or so we got an IKEA mattress and I love that thing. Best mattress I've ever slept on! It was a great deal. It has an integrated latex topper.

Old 08-05-2017, 05:10 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,185,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
Now, I looked at Amazon's sales of Leesa.

They are not as specific as Leesa regarding returns.

If OP bought through Amazon, there may be a difference in the service provided.

OP, who sold the mattress to you?
I bought it directly from Leesa, because the return policy is different if you purchase from Amazon.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:22 AM

Well, I think I've found the answer. Lessa warns customers that their return policy does not apply to purchases through Amazon and may not include the same service.

If the OP saved $100 by using Amazon, they may now be stuck with the mattress or pay a fortune to have it crated and delivered to a shipper. Amazon never stated the policy in detail.

THIS IS FROM LEESA:

If you purchased your Leesa on Amazon, you have 100 days to request your return. Returns for Amazon purchases must be initiated through Amazon directly. You can begin that process by logging into your Amazon account and submitting the return and refund request on your order.

We recommend chatting with Amazon Customer Support directly for return options. Alternatively, you can contact Amazon Large Item Pickups toll-free at 866-423-5353 to make arrangements.

If I were buying through Amazon, I'd have called Amazon Customer Support Large Item Pickups to see what would be required to make the return.

Amazon should be ashamed.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:34 AM

492 posts, read 1,152,157 times
This is why I would never buy something like a mattress online without some firsthand physical experience with it. Too many good choices locally like Sleep Number and Original Mattress C.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:35 AM

492 posts, read 1,152,157 times
To OP, have you tried a very plush topper to soften the mattress? I have seen some 4" toppers.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:24 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,271,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoskiesNC View Post
This is why I would never buy something like a mattress online without some firsthand physical experience with it. Too many good choices locally like Sleep Number and Original Mattress C.
It's much less inexpensive, and completely risk free. It's not nearly as much of a hassle to return the mattress as is being made out in this thread.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:51 AM

69 posts, read 173,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Can you show me where on the website it says that they will white glove it and enter your home to pick up the mattress? When you buy furniture online and return it, do you expect the UPS guy to come in, box it up, and move it for you?

There's liability involved with entering someone's house and moving a large piece of furniture. I really doubt they will come in the house, but I've been wrong before.

The attitudes in this thread are crazy to me - I dunno maybe I'm just overreacting. A company is making a significant charitable donation ON THE CUSTOMER'S BEHALF and providing a full refund, all for buying one of their mattresses and not liking it. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me - certainly not deserving of some of the attitudes here.
Leesa's return policy is clearly stated on their website: https://support.leesa.com/hc/en-us/a...-original-box-

"Our pickup team will retrieve your Leesa mattress no matter where you are with no additional effort or cost on your part."

I'm not making assumptions or bringing an attitude here. It is in fact company policy that they arrange for pick up of your mattress. As I previously stated, I do have first-hand experience with this - I previously purchased/returned a mattress from a different online company, and they did arrange for a recycling company (not UPS...) to come to my house, enter the house, and remove the mattress. They were in and out in about 3 minutes. I am now going through the same exact process with Leesa. With both companies, I did nothing but call the company, and they took care of the rest.

Now if the OP purchased from Amazon to save money, then things could be different...they may have an altogether different return policy. But if you purchase direct from Leesa, they will handle the return.

Most importantly, my lesson learned here is not to purchase online mattresses...after trying 2 different companies for 3 months each, I haven't had a great night's sleep in almost 6 months. We're going back to store-bought mattresses.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:21 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
It's much less inexpensive, and completely risk free. It's not nearly as much of a hassle to return the mattress as is being made out in this thread.
Much less expensive = at least 50% the cost of similar quality on a retail store, usually even more (especially when you add tax and delivery to that retail price). M378 is spot on.

Old 08-07-2017, 05:44 AM

I complained to Amazon about their lack of a proper return explanation. Here's their response:

Thanks for your feedback about our product pages.

We pay close attention to feedback like yours and use it to improve the overall shopping experience, though we may not be able to address every issue right away or respond directly to you.

How your feedback helps
Feedback from you and other customers helps us improve pages that millions of other customers use every day.
Feedback details

Product:
Leesa Mattress
Issue Summary:
defect-incorrect-information
Date & time received:
2017-08-06 10:08:05.0
Additional comments:
Leesa offers refund if mattress is donated to a charity. If no charity will take it, Leesa will send a recycler to pick it up. Amazon's return policy is not clearly stated. On the Raleigh NC City-Data blog, a customer complains of this issue. Amazon needs to be clear about what the return involves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary