Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2008, 05:46 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times

Advertisements

My friend is in need of a good lawyer that is not outrageously expensive to make a speeding ticket she got yesterday go away.

Can anyone recommend anyone? If you can also post some prices that you paid, that would be awesome.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 08:09 AM

20 posts, read 82,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
My friend is in need of a good lawyer that is not outrageously expensive to make a speeding ticket she got yesterday go away.

Can anyone recommend anyone? If you can also post some prices that you paid, that would be awesome.

Thanks!
What's your friend's definition of 'fast'? In other words, how fast was she going?

If she was a good record, it might be worth her while to plead guilty and pay the money. If she's got some previous trouble, maybe a PJC is in order? It might not be worth the money to pay for a lawyer. My wife got a ticket last year and the first person I called way my insurance agent. He told us exactly what to do...I know it sounds crazy, but he truly helped us out.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:16 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
What's your friend's definition of 'fast'? In other words, how fast was she going?

If she was a good record, it might be worth her while to plead guilty and pay the money. If she's got some previous trouble, maybe a PJC is in order? It might not be worth the money to pay for a lawyer. My wife got a ticket last year and the first person I called way my insurance agent. He told us exactly what to do...I know it sounds crazy, but he truly helped us out.
Good suggestion!
She's had a clean record for the past 15 years as far as speeding (a couple of car accidents since then.)

43 in 25 school zone...I told her I think she should get a lawyer...

Old 03-13-2008, 08:21 AM

351 posts, read 1,194,207 times
I just had this happen....except it was 48 in a 20. Whoops! You don't need a lawyer but it can be helpful to go to traffic court.

I also hadn't had a ticket for 15 years. Went to court and will have to do driving school to reduce the offense to 9 miles over. I'll have a second traffic court date in April and will present my record and am hoping to get an "improper equipment" charge.

Good luck!

Old 03-13-2008, 10:57 AM

836 posts, read 3,468,894 times
School zone is serious trouble, she needs a lawyer.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:17 PM

20 posts, read 82,243 times
Yes, a school zone is serious trouble. Have her ask for a free consultation, make sure she does her homework and then ask every possible question during the free consultation. She might just get her answers as to whether or not she needs lawyer there.

And from what I've heard, a school bus stop in NC is considered school property, so I'm not sure if that means if you speed past a bus stop you're technically speeding past a school zone.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:07 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,820,952 times
I got help with a school zone speeding ticket from the Kelly Law firm.

[SIZE=+1]Kelly Law Firm[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]284 W Millbrook Rd # B[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Raleigh, NC 27609[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1](919) 846-6919
[/SIZE]

Old 03-13-2008, 09:38 PM

381 posts, read 1,325,310 times
School zone is a problem. Moderator cut: removed

Mike

Last edited by autumngal; 03-14-2008 at 05:43 AM.. Reason: to comply with the TOS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary