Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 02:36 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,209,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
I don't hate them for making it difficult to get to Wegmans, LOL, I hate them for ruining what was a really pleasant drive to Chapel Hill! I completely agree it's a terrible site for Wegmans. I feel bad for the residents who live on that road (and the rest of us who liked that road...)

Anyway, it seems really odd and selfish of SECU to force traffic onto the back road.
SECU has literally done nothing and yet you primarily blame them? Do you even know what the conflict is? I have no doubt they have their reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 03:30 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,599,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullCity75 View Post
SECU has literally done nothing and yet you primarily blame them? Do you even know what the conflict is? I have no doubt they have their reasons.
What are you talking about? The article states that Wegmans was unable to come to an agreement with SECU for use of the service road. I'm sure they have a reason - I think it's crap, whatever it is.

Sorry if you have a financial interest in SECU, I think they suck for this. *shrug*

Old 11-06-2017, 04:06 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,209,560 times
Quote:
What are you talking about? The article states that Wegmans was unable to come to an agreement with SECU for use of the service road. I'm sure they have a reason - I think it's crap, whatever it is.

Sorry if you have a financial interest in SECU, I think they suck for this. *shrug*
SECU isn't building a grocery store, SECU isn't giving a $4M bribe to get someone to build a grocery store, SECU didn't design the roads, all SECU did was buy that ridiculous building from BCBS. Put the blame where it is due, Wegmans and the ToCH.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullCity75 View Post
SECU isn't building a grocery store, SECU isn't giving a $4M bribe to get someone to build a grocery store, SECU didn't design the roads, all SECU did was buy that ridiculous building from BCBS. Put the blame where it is due, Wegmans and the ToCH.
As far as I'm concerned there is zero legitimate reason for SECU to refuse to share the service road.

They are jerks, in my opinion.

It's a road. Off 15/501. If they want to be secluded, they should have bought a building somewhere else.

Now they are just bad neighbors.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:26 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,333,920 times
Norasmom, just come to Chapel Hill on Old Erwin Rd instead. I know that's how I will be going to Durham now!

Old 11-06-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Norasmom, just come to Chapel Hill on Old Erwin Rd instead. I know that's how I will be going to Durham now!
Ah, right! Thanks for the reminder. I would definitely switch to that road.

I don't know why I have such an aversion to 15/501, but I do, plus I like driving those roads.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:46 PM

368 posts, read 295,336 times
Quote:
As far as I'm concerned there is zero legitimate reason for SECU to refuse to share the service road.

They are jerks, in my opinion.

It's a road. Off 15/501. If they want to be secluded, they should have bought a building somewhere else.

Now they are just bad neighbors.
Zero legitimate concern? How about making the property they paid a lot of money to acquire for development a lot less developable by having their front property chewed up for a service road that provides them very little in return? Do you know anything about the plans that they were shown?

It's their property, and the alternative driveway through the SECU property didn't work well for them or the plans they already have in place for that property. They absolutely had the right to refuse a PRIVATE developer access to their property if they did not gain reasonably in return.

Perhaps you'll offer a large chunk of YOUR property to Wegman's for little return.

Old 11-06-2017, 07:32 PM

6,653 posts, read 5,588,554 times
I'm sure if Wegmans was willing to pony up the right amount of $$$, SECU would have made concessions. As with most developers, that's not really something they want to do and just want to get by with spending the least amount of money. It seems like the blame lies more with Wegmans than SECU (if there's anyone to blame)

Old 11-06-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficSys View Post

Perhaps you'll offer a large chunk of YOUR property to Wegman's for little return.
Well, it's a pretty small lot. I lost my family in a Wegman's once - I don't think my yard fits their needs

(I will never change my opinion on this, SECU lovers/residential neighborhood haters)

Old 11-06-2017, 08:28 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,333,920 times
I like Erwin better than Old Durham/Chapel Hill Rd. It's less built up. If you go Erwin you can also come in on Whitfield or Mt Sinai both of which are even more bucolic. Whitfield puts you out at North Chapel Hill right at 40/86. You can also come in on 54, too. I have lots of back routes I go. Old Durham/Chapel Hill is good for getting certain places like Patterson Place, but there are lots of other options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary