Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 03:20 PM

6 posts, read 4,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMeEC View Post
yikes!
My thoughts exactly! I mean I hope they put something there.. it'd be nice to have another option right up the road. But yeah, that spot definitely will need some work traffic wise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 10:44 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,255,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
That's a problematic intersection and adding a Char-Grill there is only going to make matters worse. I hope they put a light there soon.
I hope so too. It's hard even to turn right onto Ten Ten there. Very poor visibility.

And Indian food that used to be there is now Cilantro. A bit offtopic but I didn't find their food as great as the reviews suggested. But they seem to be doing well in the new location.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:04 PM

140 posts, read 144,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Pretty sure the Indian Restaurant was what is now called Cilantro (in MacGregor Village). Back then a young man (probably 12?) ran the counter. Now he's a young adult, and I think he runs Cilantro. Great place then and now. I can only hope that whatever goes there is as good. I'm not a Char-grill hater, but I doubt they'll live up to that.
When I first moved here, I used Yelp to seek out new places to eat. The Indian restaurant at this gas station was one of the highest rated in the area. Also, further down west on Ten Ten, at the Apex Peakway intersection, there was another highly rated restaurant in the gas station (believe it was Mexican or Latin); but has since changed.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:00 PM

6 posts, read 4,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enTERPRising View Post
When I first moved here, I used Yelp to seek out new places to eat. The Indian restaurant at this gas station was one of the highest rated in the area. Also, further down west on Ten Ten, at the Apex Peakway intersection, there was another highly rated restaurant in the gas station (believe it was Mexican or Latin); but has since changed.

That restaurant at the gas station on ten-ten at apex peakway was called Fattoush this last go around. It was really good. I enjoyed it, but they just weren't getting much traffic. Not sure why...had great reviews. I guess just the location of it? Anyways it is going to be a Breezeway/Breezethru, a convenience store/gas station. They also apparently are popular for their fried fish/chicken and they'll be serving that as well.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:32 PM

528 posts, read 935,212 times
Has anyone heard anything more about Char Grill going into this spot? I see it as approved on the Town of Cary site as of June 2017 but haven’t noticed any changes to the location.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:44 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,255,053 times
That building is marked as affected in the Ten Ten widening plans, so I seriously doubt anything will open in that location.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:45 PM

528 posts, read 935,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelenap View Post
That building is marked as affected in the Ten Ten widening plans, so I seriously doubt anything will open in that location.
Aaah, so that explains it. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary