Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 09:19 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

After pondering this it almost seems like buying a home phone with an adapter that fits her earbuds would work better.

Most adapters have tons of complaints.

Old 10-05-2017, 09:27 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,448,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
After pondering this it almost seems like buying a home phone with an adapter that fits her earbuds would work better.

Most adapters have tons of complaints.
Yep would like to but I can’t find one, I don’t think it’s done. Apparently they are all 2.5mm inputs.

That is what I was finding as well with those adapters. Kinda a hit or miss and I’m pretty sure they would all be single ear output which is a non starter.

I can’t believe in this day and age this is not available and standardized. Until I got my eBay order today I didn’t even know there was a smaller headset input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 09:45 PM

794 posts, read 1,325,608 times
Sorry, not answering your specific question but I work from home and just use my phone's speaker option. (I don't like wearing things in my ears all day.) Is that a possibility?

Old 10-05-2017, 10:01 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,871,819 times
Where I used to live I had such a phone and struggled to find a headset that fit. I finally did at one of those Chinese PC and phone shops that sell cables, cases and headphone-type things. I have yet to find such a place here, I wish there were one.

Googling brought up a bunch of things from Amazon and the like.

Old 10-05-2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_widget View Post
Sorry, not answering your specific question but I work from home and just use my phone's speaker option. (I don't like wearing things in my ears all day.) Is that a possibility?
No not really she prefers the in ear headphones as they also keep out my Vitamix and lawnmower noises

I don’t blame her I like the in ear kind the best as well, I personally do not like the degraded call quality when the other party is on speakerphone either.

Last edited by wheelsup; 10-05-2017 at 10:25 PM..

Old 10-06-2017, 06:14 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,545,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
On a side note the reason I’m doing this is because 14 months of phone calls killed her iPhone battery...it will be cheaper the replace the battery every year I think lol.
Why not just plug the iPhone into a charger then?

Old 10-06-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
Why not just plug the iPhone into a charger then?
It started to do weird things, randomly shutting off mostly, not responding, etc in the middle of calls which wasn’t acceptable.

It’s not the end of the world to replace the new one’s battery I just wanted to avoid such prolonged cell usage since we already use Google Voice as a home phone.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:38 AM

1,188 posts, read 2,545,382 times
Quote:
It started to do weird things, randomly shutting off mostly, not responding, etc in the middle of calls which wasn’t acceptable.

It’s not the end of the world to replace the new one’s battery I just wanted to avoid such prolonged cell usage since we already use Google Voice as a home phone.
Why not just plug the headphones into the laptop/computer and use google voice (or some other soft phone) then? I use a soft phone through my laptop everyday.

Old 10-06-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
Why not just plug the headphones into the laptop/computer and use google voice (or some other soft phone) then? I use a soft phone through my laptop everyday.
That is possible but she likes the freedom of hands free phones, sometimes she has 6 hours of phone calls in a single day.

I’m just blown away that plugging standard headphones into a home phone isn’t possible.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:27 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
Quote:
That is possible but she likes the freedom of hands free phones, sometimes she has 6 hours of phone calls in a single day.

I’m just blown away that plugging standard headphones into a home phone isn’t possible.
Tell me about it. When I started WFH last year I had to jump through hoops to get all my equipment set up properly. Add to that the recorder issue and the adapters we use for those look like they were made in China in 1970s. It is pretty unreal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary