Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 08:42 AM

346 posts, read 339,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
My wife said a Walmart was going up down 751
That would be even worse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 04:41 PM

609 posts, read 505,867 times
As long as people are buying, they will keep building them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
I don't get the love for townhouses. There are 400k townhomes in west cary now. What is the allure?

Old 10-14-2017, 08:54 PM

127 posts, read 135,281 times
Quote:
I don't get the love for townhouses. There are 400k townhomes in west cary now. What is the allure?
The townhouses at the center of Meadowmont in Chapel Hill the larger ones sell for over a million. Sure it's chapel hill, and by the golf course, but it's not really walkable to that much.

If people will buy them, they of course will make more. You can fit more on a lot than SFH, so the developer can save money there. It's for people that want the size, of a house, but aren't willing to actually take care of their house.

Old 10-14-2017, 08:56 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,271,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickJoin View Post
The townhouses at the center of Meadowmont in Chapel Hill the larger ones sell for over a million. Sure it's chapel hill, and by the golf course, but it's not really walkable to that much.

If people will buy them, they of course will make more. You can fit more on a lot than SFH, so the developer can save money there. It's for people that want the size, of a house, but aren't willing to actually take care of their house.
The thing is, lots here on new houses are so small, it really doesn't cost a lot to maintain the lot. Painting, siding, roof ,etc, I'm guessing it ends up being less than the condo fees.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me either, but people want the most square footage and newest home for the least money.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:25 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
The lazy Millennial, and it's been brewing for awhile if you ever watch the real estate shows on HGTV. Pretty much every guy under 40 wants turnkey with no renovations and everything modern with "clean lines"...code words for I don't want to lift a finger, coupled with "I'll spend my entire weekend mowing the grass" (despite the fact the lawn is smaller than the house), and/or caring for the countless hours spent taking care of a pool.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:36 PM

6,654 posts, read 5,589,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The lazy Millennial, and it's been brewing for awhile if you ever watch the real estate shows on HGTV. Pretty much every guy under 40 wants turnkey with no renovations and everything modern with "clean lines"...code words for I don't want to lift a finger, coupled with "I'll spend my entire weekend mowing the grass" (despite the fact the lawn is smaller than the house), and/or caring for the countless hours spent taking care of a pool.
You had to throw the millennials under the bus did ya?

Old 10-15-2017, 08:27 PM

2,844 posts, read 2,977,102 times
i broke my leg i would long to get back to doing yard work

i count yard work as physical exercise time so i don't mind

Old 10-16-2017, 11:37 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,294,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Kinda wished I'd bought in Parkwood a few years ago. Bet that's a good investment now, if not too late....
It's not too late, still good prices here in Parkwood. We've been here for nearly 20 years. First as renters, then homeowners. The lots are so much bigger than the new subdivisions. Ours is nearly a half acre.

Old 10-16-2017, 11:40 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,294,054 times
Get ready for another development on Hwy 54, although there is a meeting with the developer this week on Thursday. Try and get to the meeting if possible to voice your concerns. Here's some info from the NextDoor page:

"A Raleigh company named Envision Homes left a letter in some Woodcroft residents' mailboxes explaining they are trying to get rezoning approved for 602 and 606 W. NC Highway 54. They want to build town homes in a single family residence zone. They want to clear 80% of the forest and then hope to "establish a tone for future developments along NC HWY 54" (i.e. a tone of tearing town more trees). At this point, my neighbors and I are trying to create awareness. We hope to eventually take further action (petitions/calls to city council) to stop this rezoning. Some people will be losing their wooded privacy, but most people who use 54 will be affected by their plans for future development. We are not against development, but we want to keep as many trees as possible while keeping traffic increases at a minimum. If you are interested in attending the meeting with the developer, it is on October 19th at 6:30pm at 6911 Fayeteville Road in Suite 105. I'm not sure how many people the room will fit, but we will be there standing outside of the room/building talking with people before the meeting. I will put out another post about the public hearings when I get notified. We appreciate any help anyone has to offer. "

"It's at 602 and 606 W. HWY 54. It is a wooded lot located between Park Vet Hospital and Triangle Presbyterian Church but on the other side of the street. I believe it is around 3-5 acres."

Old 10-16-2017, 11:43 AM

2,844 posts, read 2,977,102 times
Wow aren't there already apartments around there

I've also noticed any bits of woods going down and homes popping up too around Durham
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary