Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 11:08 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,620,809 times

Advertisements

I just went today to try to get some lunch. The larger hot bar and salad bar seems to have come at the cost of a smaller prepared food section. There was only one "Health Starts Here" choice, so I guess the 4 for $5 might not be be offered there. That's one of my staple purchases at Whole Foods for a quick lunch or dinner. The Waverly one is a little closer, and near Trader Joe's so I expect I won't go to the new one all that often. Very shiny store though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 05:09 PM

4,556 posts, read 3,754,316 times
Drove by the place at around 5pm today and the entire parking lot was filled - definitely a different site than before. I'll just wait until the excitement dies down. Is it true that the shopping carts have a cup holder for your pint size beer that you can get from the growler station/bar? If so, then I'll definitely be going there and then regretting my credit card statement later on.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:45 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,798,199 times
I stopped in tonight, around 4:30, there were plenty of spots available actually and it wasn't too terrible inside. I'm not a WF shopper and was looking for one thing and they didn't have it and it smelled terribly of seafood. However, it looks nice. Surrounding merchants should be very happy.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
Please post your top 3 store bargains, to help this Aldi lover decide.
Uhhhh....WF is not known for its bargains.

Old 11-08-2017, 06:28 PM

1,836 posts, read 1,597,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I stopped in tonight, around 4:30, there were plenty of spots available actually and it wasn't too terrible inside. I'm not a WF shopper and was looking for one thing and they didn't have it and it smelled terribly of seafood. However, it looks nice. Surrounding merchants should be very happy.
I stopped in this afternoon also, around 3:30. Parking lot looked pretty full but found a spot right away. It did have a somewhat nasty seafood smell about it. I only picked up a couple of items I had forgotten when I did my grocery shopping earlier in the week. Prices weren't bad for frozen fruit.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:28 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,272,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Drove by the place at around 5pm today and the entire parking lot was filled - definitely a different site than before. I'll just wait until the excitement dies down. Is it true that the shopping carts have a cup holder for your pint size beer that you can get from the growler station/bar? If so, then I'll definitely be going there and then regretting my credit card statement later on.
Lowes does this as well.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:36 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,399,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
I don't drink, but yes, their is a beer station. They have a staff member that seems to know everything about brew, as I saw him educating/talking with a couple when I went in tonight. They LITERALLY have beer on tap coming out of the wall....like, from what i could see maybe 8-10 choices. They even have something imported from Switzerland in it's own area right next to it.

Old 11-09-2017, 06:11 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
Someone at the preview night confirmed with them that they will,let you take beer around the store like Lowe’s foods and unlike HT, which makes you stay at their bar.

Old 11-09-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Someone at the preview night confirmed with them that they will,let you take beer around the store like Lowe’s foods and unlike HT, which makes you stay at their bar.
I may have to re-think my "I never shop at WF" theory ha ha.

Old 11-09-2017, 09:21 AM

1,177 posts, read 2,341,591 times
A drunk shopper weaving through the aisles in their shopping cart while spilling beer along the way. Why go to clubs anymore when you can experience the same scene at your local grocer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary