Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2008, 07:36 PM

297 posts, read 740,320 times

Advertisements

I've read the threads here about Kitts Creek (very helpful) and I was wondering how the homes there are selling. The village series inventory seems low. Are there deals that do not show up on the KC website?

Thanks for any info.!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 07:36 PM

33 posts, read 109,002 times
I live in Kitts Creek. If you purchase an inventory home, you can really get a bargain, with a fence, irrigation system, gift cards for appliances, electronics etc. You will probably not get all of them but their are good deals to be made. Please ask for Micheal, since the other salesperson turns a lot of people off from purchasing.

Moderator cut: url removed

Last edited by autumngal; 03-21-2008 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: to comply with the TOS

Old 11-16-2008, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,954 times
Default Pros and Cons to Kitts Creek

Have you been there long enough to know what the pros and cons are living in Kitts Creek? I noticed they've put out a whole lot of incentives lately. Is that just due to the recent economic conditions, or are there other factors? Thanks for any help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharliesMom View Post
I live in Kitts Creek. If you purchase an inventory home, you can really get a bargain, with a fence, irrigation system, gift cards for appliances, electronics etc. You will probably not get all of them but their are good deals to be made. Please ask for Micheal, since the other salesperson turns a lot of people off from purchasing.

[MOD] url removed [/MOD]

Old 08-27-2009, 07:38 PM

41 posts, read 220,095 times
Default Why low sales at Kitts Creek

I am looking at Kitts Creek and am impressed by the location, home floorplan, specification and price. However I am very surprised by the low level of building (just 3-4 Cottage homes) and the outstanding inventory of their more expensive village and custom homes. Why is this? Other developments in NW Cary like Lennar and M/I homes are selling well even in this economic climate.

Is there something wrong with Kitts Creek? It is a Cary vs Morrisville issue or something else. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks

Old 08-28-2009, 03:53 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
I can only provide my personal opinion. when we looked at homes a year and a half ago, we checked out Kitt's Creek.

1. We didn't like the home exteriors - many looked like a Warner Brothers's movie studio set, silly pink/blue victorian reproductions. Some looked like they could be a church. They have built many more traditional appearing homes since then that I find much more appealing (craftsman cottages).
2. Way too close to 540 for my liking. You can see an entire row of colorful houses as you drive by on 540.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
I can only provide my personal opinion. when we looked at homes a year and a half ago, we checked out Kitt's Creek.

1. We didn't like the home exteriors - many looked like a Warner Brothers's movie studio set, silly pink/blue victorian reproductions. Some looked like they could be a church. They have built many more traditional appearing homes since then that I find much more appealing (craftsman cottages).
2. Way too close to 540 for my liking. You can see an entire row of colorful houses as you drive by on 540.
Thanks for the reply. I completely agree that there are some homes (cottages) that look Disney like but they are in the first part of the sub-division that was built. Gold Rock Lane area. As you say the newer homes (now the majority of the site) are classically good looking homes (English Manor, Southern Plantation, Craftsman etc). I think the vast majority of the site is far enough away from 540 to not have noise being an issue. I would have thought some people would like to have major roads near by.

Any other thoughts welcomed.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:24 AM

22 posts, read 56,087 times
We've lived in Kitts Creek for 2 years now. The builder is a local one, not a national chain, which may be why the houses aren't selling as fast as say MI or Lennar. Just like every other community, Kitts Creek has been hit by the recession. But, the inventory homes have been selling as of late (including one just this week), and it looks like construction is starting to pick back up. We live on the opposite side of the neighborhood as 540, and the traffic or noise from 540 is totally not a factor. The unique architecture and color (not just cookie cutter beige) is what drew us to the neighborhood, and we've loved it ever since.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwilhelm View Post
We've lived in Kitts Creek for 2 years now. The builder is a local one, not a national chain, which may be why the houses aren't selling as fast as say MI or Lennar. Just like every other community, Kitts Creek has been hit by the recession. But, the inventory homes have been selling as of late (including one just this week), and it looks like construction is starting to pick back up. We live on the opposite side of the neighborhood as 540, and the traffic or noise from 540 is totally not a factor. The unique architecture and color (not just cookie cutter beige) is what drew us to the neighborhood, and we've loved it ever since.
Thanks for your reply. I had forgotten that the builder is a local one and therefore less marketing and therefore less potential sales. I have seen that some of the cottage homes are selling but no bungalows in construction or inventory, 2 Village homes in inventory and none in construction and 7 Custom homes in inventory and none being built. It looks like the higher price point (>$300K) is not selling for now. A shame because it looks a really good neighborhood.

Have you been happy in your 2 years there? Good build quality, good warranty service etc?

Old 09-01-2009, 07:59 AM

22 posts, read 56,087 times
Yes, we have been very happy in the 2 years we've lived in Kitts Creek. We have a Village home, and plan on living here for a very long time. We moved from a Beazer start-up home to Kitts Creek, and the quality difference is definitely much better, in our opinion. Before we built in KC, we looked at many of the standard builders in the area, including MI, Lennar, Pulte, and KB homes. We felt that since KC is being developed locally and not with one of the tract national builders, the quality was a step above the rest.

We were in regular contact with the construction foreman during building. We've not had any major problems with quality, construction, or the warranty.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwilhelm View Post
Yes, we have been very happy in the 2 years we've lived in Kitts Creek. We have a Village home, and plan on living here for a very long time. We moved from a Beazer start-up home to Kitts Creek, and the quality difference is definitely much better, in our opinion. Before we built in KC, we looked at many of the standard builders in the area, including MI, Lennar, Pulte, and KB homes. We felt that since KC is being developed locally and not with one of the tract national builders, the quality was a step above the rest.

We were in regular contact with the construction foreman during building. We've not had any major problems with quality, construction, or the warranty.
I have heard from several people, including yourself, that they are happy in KC. That is very encouraging. Funny you should mention Beazer as that is one builder we looked at in Hillsborough when we bought our current house a few years ago. I can see a difference between EO and Beazer.
Glad you have had no quality or warranty issues in 2 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary