Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 09:21 AM

13,714 posts, read 12,427,493 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised they put it so close to the Harris Teeter in Cameron Village. I would have thought they wanted to be a mile or half mile further south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 09:24 AM

6,653 posts, read 5,588,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
I'm surprised they put it so close to the Harris Teeter in Cameron Village. I would have thought they wanted to be a mile or half mile further south.
There's also been plans to build a Harris Teeter at Seaboard Station on the other side of Capital Boulevard. I haven't heard anything about that in a year now though.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:25 AM

459 posts, read 373,282 times
Saxapahaw General Store will open next summer at the Tranfer Co. - Olde East Food Hall on Davie St and East St, about a 7 to 10 minute walk from City Plaza close to the City Market. If it's anything like the first store it's a lot of fresh produce, breads, and basic groceries along with gourmet products as well. So next to nothing as far as highly preserved boxed products. Keep in mind, both the HT and the Publix will be served by Raleigh free R-Line so you don't have to sit in traffic waiting for a parking spot you can park somewhere else and take the bus and get your groceries and get on the bus again to your more convenient parking location.

Old 02-19-2018, 02:46 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,259,536 times

Publix project: Details on Kane Realty's downtown Raleigh project | News & Observer

A 45,600-square-foot Publix, with retail and apartments

More than 5,000 square feet of ground-level retail
417 apartments
A parking deck large enough to accommodate 736 vehicles
The building will be 11 stories, rather than the 12 previously announced.

Kane Realty says construction is expected to be completed in 2020.

Old 02-19-2018, 02:56 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,270,100 times
Living above a Publix would be pretty awesome. Especially if it has beer on tap.

Old 02-19-2018, 09:32 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
Anyone who thinks that this Publix is too close to HT in CV hasn't spent enough time in that HT. The HT that's going in east of Capital is a good move in my opinion. This means that rapidly growing east side of DT will have a grocer that won't require passing under Capital and through the narrow Peace St. passage to HT.
The Publix will serve a lot of foot traffic from the immediate Glenwood South neighborhood and also lessen the traffic on Peace between Glenwood and CV.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:40 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,164,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Anyone who thinks that this Publix is too close to HT in CV hasn't spent enough time in that HT. The HT that's going in east of Capital is a good move in my opinion. This means that rapidly growing east side of DT will have a grocer that won't require passing under Capital and through the narrow Peace St. passage to HT.
The Publix will serve a lot of foot traffic from the immediate Glenwood South neighborhood and also lessen the traffic on Peace between Glenwood and CV.
Not to mention the residents in the CBD who would prefer going to the HT at Seaboard or the Publix as opposed to dealing with that parking clusterf*^k at HT in Cameron Village.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:59 PM

81 posts, read 158,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
Not to mention the residents in the CBD who would prefer going to the HT at Seaboard or the Publix as opposed to dealing with that parking clusterf*^k at HT in Cameron Village.
Oh yeah I forgot people here are afraid of walking. Walking, it's not just the thing you have to do between your car and the front entrance of things.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:21 AM

70 posts, read 59,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetwater88 View Post
Oh yeah I forgot people here are afraid of walking. Walking, it's not just the thing you have to do between your car and the front entrance of things.
Yes, walking to grocery store and carrying home groceries for my family of 4.

Great idea.

Old 02-20-2018, 05:43 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,333,920 times
You get a cart like this, freefolk, or at least that's walking folks do at Weaver Street in Carrboro, or you load up your bike panniers or bike trailer. Plenty of folks do it. Or you go more than once a week and carry two bags home at a time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary