Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 12:12 PM

270 posts, read 379,571 times

Advertisements

I appreciate it because I don't really want the dog barking and the little one running to the door! Good idea to request it from your mail carrier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2017, 12:27 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,798,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I always chalk it up to laziness. Kind of like when we have packages that you had to do origami to fit into the mailbox, but USPS still shoves them in anyway and we have to extract them with a crowbar.

LOL that is so true.

Old 12-15-2017, 12:30 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
sign up for text updates, they are pretty much real time so you get a text as soon as they scan the package in their system and mark it as delivered.

Old 12-15-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Their delivery driver delivered it to their front porch, but they only enter their home through their garage or side entrance. You'd be surprised how many times I heard "I never even thought of checking my front door. Why would he put it there?!?".
Doesn't surprise me at all. It's right up there with people who ask me
"when will my settlement check get here?" (if I could predict that, I wouldn't be working here)
"I didn't get my check yet" hmmm, well we mailed it 10 days ago that does seem like a long time, but our company policy is not to stop pay checks until they are outstanding for two weeks.
*next day* "I realized I hadn't checked my mail in 5 days and guess what! the check was in my mailbox (wow I'm shocked that happened).
"I've been calling and calling and you never call me back" hmmm, I've called you back every time and left a voice mail, and I've called you on this number you're calling on.
"Oh, ha ha I never listen to my voice mail"

I could on and on and on....when you deal with people every day you realize how scarily stupid 90% of the population is.

Old 12-15-2017, 12:51 PM

1,836 posts, read 1,597,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I always chalk it up to laziness. Kind of like when we have packages that you had to do origami to fit into the mailbox, but USPS still shoves them in anyway and we have to extract them with a crowbar.
Yes!

Old 12-15-2017, 01:54 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,422,529 times
Smart doorbell with motion alerts on = No need to ring the doorbell. Or have your packages dropped off at fedex/ups/post office,walgreens. You get the picture.

Old 12-15-2017, 02:31 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,271,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
Smart doorbell with motion alerts on = No need to ring the doorbell. Or have your packages dropped off at fedex/ups/post office,walgreens. You get the picture.
Yes you're right - I should drive to go pick up my package which I paid to have delivered. OR a delivery person could take the tip of their finger and push it against a small button next to the door that they drop it off at. Either way.

I have cameras - they're geofenced not to alert during the day when someone's home, because I don't need to know every time the wife or kids go out the door. I have enough junk alerting me on my phone throughout the day (thanks work!).

I get it - it's a minor thing and some people don't like their doorbells being rung for various reasons. But just as they're entitled to their opinion, I'm entitled to mine And where better to complain about it than City Data?

But seriously - them ringing doorbells would help curb package theft.

Last edited by m378; 12-15-2017 at 02:50 PM..

Old 12-15-2017, 04:07 PM

I'm surprised you can't hear the truck. I can hear it better than my dog can!

Old 12-15-2017, 04:23 PM

43,284 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Yes you're right - I should drive to go pick up my package which I paid to have delivered. ....
So, you get your delivery, that which you paid for, but that isn't what you wanted?
I dunno.

Pay for signature service. For a vendor who offers signature service.

Old 12-15-2017, 04:38 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,577,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
They can't push a button and walk off? I don't want them to engage with me either - just give me a heads up that there's a package sitting on my porch, it's not much to ask.

I've had packages end up soaked when I've been home all day because I never realized it was delivered.

They always ring our bell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: