Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2008, 03:36 PM

23 posts, read 102,136 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of buying in Sunset Oaks in Holly Springs. It looks like an amazing community for families and would like to hear from anyone who lives there. Do you like the schools? What about traffic and commute times? Does it have a friendly neighbor environment? We will make a decision soon, so we would love any input we can get. Thanks!
Susanne
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 05:32 PM

1,886 posts, read 4,801,137 times
You can find a bunch of info on Sunset Oaks using the search function if you like. That will be a lot faster!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:22 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,070,504 times
i thought the initiation fees and the homeowners dues were too high.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:28 PM

90 posts, read 296,231 times
I absolutely love it there!

The people are friendly, the houses are lovely, the pool is wicked fun and Holly Springs is a great place to live. There are kids everywhere - and all the ones that I've met from tiny to teen are just really cool kids.

If it were my price range, that would be where I lived. As it is, I am a frequent visitor (lucky to have such kind friends and family.)

Old 03-20-2008, 09:32 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,146,671 times
I like the neighborhood, especially the smaller houses. For larger houses, I think you can find larger houses and larger lots elsewhere. I found quite a few of my clients didn't like the huge amount to join the pools. I have sold smaller homes in there and those clients love it! Something for everyone!

Vicki

Old 03-21-2008, 10:10 AM

75 posts, read 226,523 times
Sunset Oaks is nice. There seemed to be a noticeable difference between houses built by custom builders and those built by production builders. I ended up buying in Fuquay Varina (Elliott Landing). Due to lower HOA fees and no city taxes in Fuquay, I was able to purchase a similarly priced home, and my mortgage payment ended up being a lot less. Although there is no community pool, the house I ended up buying is bigger, lots of details (hardware, moldings, etc) and has all the bells & whistles (granite, stainless steel, natural harwdoods, over 1/2 acre lot). Good luck with the house hunting. There are so many options out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary